Are pixel problems common

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lguest, Jul 7, 2012.

1. lguest macrumors newbie

I ordered a BTO Macbook Air 3 weeks back and the first one had a dead pixel on the screen, so I took it to an apple store. I talked to the genius there and he was very helpful and told me that he could put a replacement order for me since the computer was defective on arrival. Now that I got the replacement unit, it has a stuck pixel looking right at me pretty much in the middle of the screen.

After getting the second macbook air with a pixel problem, I am not sure if I should bother to take this back again and have another replacement. Does anyone know what the likelihood of getting two straight macs with a pixel problem is? If it is this common, I might just live with it or even simply return it and give up on mac.

I don't want to be a difficult person/customer, but this is just bothering me so much, maybe because I have never had pixel problems with more than 10 devices with LCD screens including 4 laptops and 3 large monitors.

Long story short, is it common to see dead/stuck pixel on the new macbook airs or did I just have a bad luck?

2. lguest thread starter macrumors newbie

3. GBlansten macrumors regular

GBlansten

Sorry if it didn't work. I put "dead pixel" into the forum search and it turned up several threads that might be of interest to you.:)

4. KPOM macrumors G5

No, I would not say it is common, but it does happen. I've had several MacBook Airs, and my mother has had a few MacBooks and MacBook Pros. So far, 1 developed a stuck pixel after about a year. From what I've read, the failure rate for Apple equipment is on par with other manufacturers.