iPad Are portable wifi hard drives any good for iPad storage?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gregrichards, Nov 2, 2013.

1. gregrichards macrumors member

Has anyone bought a portable wifi hard drive or wifi sd card reader to use occasionally as iPad or iPhone storage?

I was thinking of getting this Kingston wi-drive http://www.dabs.com/products/kingst...Hard Drives - External Hard Drives&origin=pla

I bought an iPad air 16gb which will be fine every day but if I go away for a couple of days break it would be good to have the option of extra storage if I want. I know it would have been easier to get a higher capacity iPad air but it was too much money after buying the iPad air and smart case.

If they are no good I will just take my new MacBook Pro retina I just bought.

2. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I work in television and when I travel need to carry a lot of video with me to watch on my iPad. Although I bought the 64GB iPad Air I still need more space for episodes of series that and documentaries that I need to preview before putting on television. I purchased the Kingston Wi-Drive and totally love it! The size is really thin and small, and the interface is quite easy to use with the app. Playback of video and audio has been flawless. I'm quite pleased.

3. keigo macrumors regular

I'm actually looking at HyperDrive iUSBport

I do not like those all build in with HDD since they are portable. Thus moving around with a running HDD does not seem like a good idea.

What I like on the HyperDrive is that it is open to other 3rd party apps via FTP or SMB. A USB port to all you to plug in thumb drive of any size you prefer.

Plus if you are back in Hotel you can further expand it using USB hub.

Thus making holiday without laptop possible.