Are Purchased App's Permanent?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by intempo808, Jan 21, 2008.

1. intempo808 macrumors regular

Hey,
    I was wondering if the app's from iTunes for iPod Touch are permanent because my PC (ugh) has just about had it and needs a re-format and I was wondering if my iPod is restored will the App's i paid for disappear or are they permanent?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The answer to your questiion is in a recent posting.

Please search and you will find out the info you need.

Its good news.

3. intempo808 thread starter macrumors regular

I did search and i didnt find anything... can someone please just answer my question? it isnt that difficult is it?!

Thanksssssssss

4. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I hate it when people say do a search when they could just as quickly answer the question or be helpful and provide a link.

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

People need to learn to do things for themselves.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Okay, I'm not quite sure where it is located on a PC, but when you buy the applications you download a little file that changes a plist on the ipod to allow you to use the features that are already on the ipod. (the apps are already there, they just aren't enabled until you pay money) what you have to do is find that file and when you reinstall everything make sure to put that file back where you found it.

7. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I agree to a point.

I've done searches trying to find this "recent post" that answered the original question. I'm usually pretty savvy at searching and finding the answers, and I could not in this instance find the answer that was alluded to.

If you can do a search and find the post alluded to, why not either provide us with a link or at least a list of the search terms used to find it. If you're going to chastise people for not searching and you know where the answer is, a search for "x, y, z" might show people how to use the search or inform them of it's existence along with a quick show of how to use it.

8. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

Wow, like you did?? Your link was really helpful to the original poster and the answer you gave, my god, you should be an Apple Genius! Why isn't Steve Jobs using you in Cupertino, OMG, you're just the second coming of Steve!!!!

/Sarcasm

But I'm guilty of that too... But at least I try to add some links to my statement about doing a search to help.

Anyways, to the OP, I believe there is an application that will take everything on your iPod and replace it back into iTunes.

Here's One I found by just going to Google and typing in "iPod Backup Utility"

Now before you say, "OMG I have to pay $20 bucks for that!" remember that whoever wrote this program probably was in the same situation as you. $20 isn't that much compared to actually having to buy back all your applications and songs.

~Crawn