Are replacement parts refurbished?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by blubox, Oct 23, 2008.

1. blubox macrumors member

I was wondering if the replacement parts that Apple provides are refurbished or not. I just went in to get a replacement keyboard and it has a dent in it and the entire keyboard is bent so that it does not rest evenly on the table. I'm really disappointed right now. Me sad.

2. apthai86 macrumors member

I've went to Apple to exchange 3 items so far and both have been different.

The first item was the original iPhone, it was having some video playback problem and after a few minutes of examples, they opened up a white box and gave me another one. I'm sure that is a refurbished but it looked brand new. I also went back to exchange an iPhone 3G and was greeted with the same white box. It appears that Apple replaces the exterior of their refurbished products.

Another incident was when I purchased my iMac, the original keyboard was having problems with the button "d". I went in the store and they just opened up a new one and gave it to me.

All in all, I think it depends on the product and who you get. In your case, I say you bring it back and show them the physical damage. It would have been ideal for you to show them on the spot. It's worth a shot to bring it back and say you didn't realize it was bent until you put it on your table at home.