Are rMBP's in stock at Apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drmountaindeww, Jul 26, 2012.

1. drmountaindeww macrumors member

1) Are any models of the Retina Macbook Pro's in stock at Apple retail stores (Depending on demand)?

2) If so, do they carry the base line 2.3Ghz with 256GB of flash memory, but with 16gigs of RAM?

Thanks.

2. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Call your local Apple store, they should know for sure :cool:

3. stevelam macrumors 65816

1)seriously? you don't even mention where you are. why would anyone here know the stock availability of all apple stores in the world.

2) generally, no they don't.

4. Romeo604 macrumors regular

From my inquiries Apple/resellers has the stock configurations only in store. Any customization models would have to be made online or order on site.

5. Scotty V macrumors newbie

My Apple retail store didn't have any in stock, but resellers around your area will for sure. They are in stock every where else. I bought mine at my education store on campus. Got the same deal I would've gotten with Apple.

6. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

1.) Yes, at least one Apple Store somewhere in the world probably has a rMBP for sale.

2.) At least one person on here mentioned they knew of someone who got the base model with 16GB RAM in store. It's normally BTO only, so just like #1, calling stores near you will yield an answer much better than asking on here.

7. TLewis macrumors 65816

He's the kid from this thread, probably in New Hampshire (USA).

B&H is probably his best bet, if he doesn't mind their "absolutely no returns or exchanges" laptop policy -- they seem to currently have the model in stock, although at full retail price.

8. Raptura macrumors 6502

Raptura

I got mine on the 23rd at an Apple retail store in Toronto (Sherway). The person helping me purchase the rMBP told me he was surprised there was stock of them as earlier in the day they didn't have any and they've had relatively few shipments of them. I'd say I was lucky to get it. My heart sank when he told me he has to check if there's any in stock as there weren't any earlier in the day.

Your best bet would be to call and ask.

9. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I walked into my local Apple Store on Monday and walked out with the 2.3/256/8 rMBP. They can't sell them via Personal Pickup online, but if they have them in stock (and most stores are getting regular shipments), they can sell them to you.

10. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

When I was in my local store a few weeks ago, they told me that they get them in with almost every shipment but they sell very quickly.

11. Charlaux macrumors member

True.I called the Apple Store New Haven 11th of July 20:50 to check if they had the macbook pro retina and they didnt have.While becaming absolutely unhappy I still went there 12th of July 10:50 just a 20 minutes or so of their opening and got my macbook pro retina :p

12. burdendds macrumors newbie

I got mine a couple of weeks after launch (base model). Everyone was "out of stock." I called my Apple store as a regular customer and they said it was quite a wait but I could order one. Then I called back later as a business customer and they miraculously had some in stock. I went down that afternoon and picked it up. YMMV.

13. old-wiz macrumors G3

So why would anyone buy at B&H if they charge full retail and have no returns policy? Is B&H a legit retailer or are they one of those New York "camera" shops that will not sell at advertised prices unless you buy accessories that are wildly overpriced?

14. TLewis macrumors 65816

B&H is very reliable, and is one of the very few places in NY that's actually trustable, without any of the usual bait-and-switch practices. I've bought a number of things from them in the past. Their prices are usually decent; however, in the case of the rMBP, I think the demand is making them sell at retail list (actually, the base model rMBP 2.3/8/256 is currently selling for $2184, and is in-stock). As another example, take the rMBP applecare: retail is $349, but B&H appears to be selling it for $244 (Apple part number MD012LL/A). That's like a 30% discount -- more than the Apple employee discount, I believe.

However, the "issues" with B&H include:

• Absolutely no returns/exchanges with laptops (and a number of other items). As long as you're OK with that, they're great. Make sure you're buying what you really want.
    • Their website closes (stops taking orders) at odd times, although you can still browse. For example, you can't place any orders right now (Friday, 8:30PM EDT) until tomorrow, Saturday, 9:30PM EDT. However, they also observe all Jewish holidays, and so they're closed on Sunday, which means that the website will only take orders for something like 2.5 hours tomorrow.

15. ryane67 macrumors member

Yep Id say BH as well, or simply wait a week and a half from apple's online store and use an EDU discount to cut the price down. I ordered mine on the 19th and it'll be here on the 31st. The wait is no longer long.

16. unibility macrumors 6502

Why don't you just call and find out for yourself?

17. TLewis macrumors 65816

Lucky b*****d :D. I ordered mine on the 15th, and it just hit preparing for shipment within the past couple of hours. I'll probably get it on the 1st. :p