Are Ron Paul Supporters Spamming Digg.com?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cadillaccactus, Jul 10, 2007.

1. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Probably. I have mixed feelings about it. As a strong Ron Paul supporter myself I want him to get publicity, but at the same time I want it to be good publicity.

Note: I'm not one of the ones Digging Ron Paul stories. The only section of Digg I ever read is the Apple section.

2. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

I'm insulted.
    No supporters I know are spamers.

3. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yes, yes they are. There have been a few times now where people have proved that some Ron Paul supporters are blindly digging anything with Ron Paul's name in it.

Of course, no Ron Paul supporter will admit that his support (which is only internet support) comes from a small but vocal minority, but I can't wait until he loses the Republican primary so all of his spammers leave too.

4. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Just the internet huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vJmgMqIJTQ

The first debate was at the Reagan Library- down and around the corner from my house- and support around here blew up in his favor. I've seen tons of Ron Paul campaign signs but not many others. It is still early yet.

A lot of people I talk to are on the fence, they don't know who actually represents what they want. Then they turn on to Ron Paul and the idea of government not blowing all our money and not interfering in our lives and the lives of people in other countries.

Ron Paul is a 10 term congressman and even advised Reagan on taxes and economics before he became president in 80. A lot of people already know who he is, that's why a HUGE support group came seemingly out of nowhere.

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I myself am a Ron Paul supporter (note i don't have a Digg account though so don't blame me) and i do feel that they are somewhat spamming. Really his online support is so great and there is such little airplay of Ron Paul on television that i think Diggers flock to the opportunity to display every possible mention of him anywhere else. Furthermore, it's not Ron Paul telling people to do this, they do it themselves so i wouldn't hold it against Dr. Paul for it happening... :eek:

6. cadillaccactus thread starter macrumors member

good to see im not the only one thinking this! :)

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Even more reason to not vote for him.

His following is small but vocal. In national polls (not internet ones), he gets very low numbers. He may have an active fan base that supports him immensely, but that's it.