Are 'S' iPhones beta iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMaven, Oct 5, 2011.

1. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

It seems to me like the 'S' iPhones are beta iPhones for the next major iPhone. The 3GS was beta for the 4 and the 4S is beta for the 5.

With the S iPhones, they incorporate some new features and try them out on the public, improve on them and add them to the next major release. Siri is being release on the 4S, but it's still in beta (according to the keynote). Of course, with the iPhone 5, it will have several more languages and hopefully a translator too. Anyway, I still think the iPhone 4S is a beta iPhone for the iPhone 5.

4S is still a great phone though.

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

With that logic every release of every product is a beta. What is your point?

3. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

How was the 3G a beta phone for the 4? It has a completely different screen, camera, battery, antenna, case, etc etc etc

4. jomo25 macrumors regular

Right, I would think its the other way around: the 3G was for the 3Gs and 4 was for the 4s. Not that I think your logic is right, but I'd be more inclined to say it was the opposite...

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

that's the way I think of it too, 3GS was the phone the 3G was supposed to be and now the 4S is the phone the 4 was supposed to be.

6. PhoneI macrumors 65816

This message board has been ruined by idiotic posts like this