Are SHSHs device specific?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dand1996, Aug 22, 2010.

1. dand1996 macrumors regular

Are they? Example...if my phone gets replaced by apple will I be able to use the shsh from my original iPhone to downgrade the new iPhone replacement?

Thanks boys

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

3. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Yes your SHSHs are device specific otherwise we could all use the same one to downgrade

4. 11colmil macrumors member

11colmil

Yes. If you haven't backed them up through Cydia, then you are screwed. I don't know how you could of missed it though. It was the first thing you see on the front page of Cydia...

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Dude, he didn't miss it. He is getting his iphone replace therefore asking if the shsh he stored previously can use it on the new iphone. Read properly.

OP: To answer your question: Yes, it's device specific or else we can just use one shsh to downgrade.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Ok so he gets iPhone tomorrow say with 4.0.2 on it he can't save his SHSH Blobs so yes technically he missed it. Though not really his fault the end result is the same no Jailbreak till 4.0.2 but on the positive side TS many refurbs are still 4.0 or 4.0.1. I got one Friday with 4.0. you will just have to wait and see. If the Genus wants to upgrade your firmware just tell him you are in a hurry and you'll do it at home that's what I did.

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Yes, technically he missed the chance to save the blobs. But you were saying how he can missed saving the blobs while in Cydia because it's the first thing you see in Cydia front page. It's not his fault.