Are Siri and Siri Shortcuts acting funky?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Dec 4, 2018.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Starting yesterday I noticed that none of my third party Siri voice shortcuts were working. The ones that have stopped working are related to my alarm system, Overcast and Remote S.

Also, Siri on the Watch can't even launch apps right now (Hey Siri launch Overcast...you don't have an app named Overcast on your Watch you can continue on the iPhone...).

It seems like a server side issue, potentially related to an upcoming OS update release.

Anyone else getting this? iCloud syncing has been acting weird too, reminders first and foremost. See Federico Viticci's latest tweets, etc.

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Seeing reports like yours on Twitter from people in addition to Federico V, so, yeah, I'd say there's an Apple-side problem here. One Twitterer had to re-record all their Siri shortcut commands. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

3. Ralfi macrumors 68020

Ralfi

My Google Assistant opening Shortcut, triggeredby saying "Ok Google" stopped working on the iPhone days ago & now it doesn't work on the iPad too. Siri answers by saying 'that's funny, but not "ha ha" funny'...

4. friednoodles macrumors 6502a

All of my third party app Siri shortcuts have stopped working as well. Seems something is up with Siri on Apple's end.

5. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the confirmation everyone.

I went ahead and deleted and reprogrammed the Siri Shortcuts. It is working now. Very frustrating since I had about 18 setup. Who knows, maybe they would have started working again on their own, but I didn't have the patience to wait.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 5, 2018 ---

Thanks, this is exactly what I had to do.

6. friednoodles macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the only way I can fix mine is by re-recording the phrase. I've seen a lot of other people complaining about the problem and how surprised they are that none of the major Apple news sites have made a story about this yet.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 5, 2018 ---
    And there we are, there's now a news article about it.

But really I'm not surprised any more when Siri-related things fail.

7. Smurphy Gherkin macrumors 6502

None of mine work, and I have too many to want to re-record.

I dearly love the Apple ecosystem but Siri needs to be junked and start over.

8. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

I think, given Apple’s hire of Google’s AI guy, that’s exactly what they’re doing.

9. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a