Are status bar notifiers dead in iOS 5+?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sherifftruman, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I held off updating my wife' and my phones till the untether was available so I may have missed some discussion about this. Even with notification center I still wish I had OpenNotifier or something that would display the envelope icon in the bar so I would not have to swipe down each time.

Also, I really miss having the mute symbol there too as I keep my phone on vibrate all day and it was so much easier for it to be on the screen to remind me.

Everything I have tried causes safe mode on 5.0.1. Am I missing something or do I just need to get with the new reality and learn to like it?

2. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

lockinfo or notifier+ will do status icons. Not sure if silent is done by notifier+, but i know lockinfo does it

3. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

Also IntelliScreenX uses statusbar notifiers. I love them... especially the silent icon!

4. TriJetHero, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Opennotifier is available on 5+

add repo n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/

5. cyclone84 macrumors regular

Fixed repo for ya.

6. jimmy83, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

jimmy83 macrumors 65816

That's not the correct address...

7. Sherifftruman thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I had not really thought of Intelliscreen or Lockinfo having that as a side feature and wasn't sure yet if they would be of that much benefit to me since I have only been on 5 for a week or two.. I'll look into that and try the other Repo for OpenNotifier.