Are Stickies backed up by Time Machine?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Libertine Lush, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Libertine Lush macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I have 3 Stickies on my desktop with a decent amount of text in them. When Time Machine does a backup, does it also backup the contents of the Stickies? If so, which folder is it saved in?

Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Macintosh HD > USERS > yourusername > Library > StickiesDatabase.

If your TM backs up your Library you should find it there on your TM.

3. Libertine Lush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah! I see it. Thank you.

When I had searched for the word "stickies" in Spotlight, however, it never brought it up. Do you know why that is? Spotlight doesn't find some files that I can manually find myself sometimes.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Spotlight doesn't show results from "System Files" group.

If you want to enable the option to show these files in a search (has to be done via the finder search box) then you can follow these steps

5. Libertine Lush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot, xUKHCx! It definitely finds files I know are around now.

So if I have search "System Files" enabled manually every time, does that mean Spotlight is then finally searching every single file that's on the system? When I click on "Other" in the "Kind" menu and it drops down the menu with the huge array of attributes to search, I'm worried there may be some files still left out, even though I know many of those attribute options, through a quick skim, are merely more about specificity (bits per sample, created date, etc).