Are stores going to have stock on the 16th?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by newdeal, Sep 11, 2016.

1. newdeal macrumors 68020

I ordered a series 2 42mm aluminum space grey at like 4am EST and its not delivering until Oct3rd, I ordered my wife a 38mm rose gold series 2 mid day and it said delivering mid october some time. I was wondering what the odds are that the Apple store up here in Canada (MapleView Mall location) will have these on launch day so I could just buy one without waiting?

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

3. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Supposedly my store (Bestbuy) we will have enough units to fill our preorders and should have a handful for walk ins.

4. newdeal thread starter macrumors 68020

Do you think there are no apple store employees on here? I am guessing they would have a pretty good idea

5. CVC macrumors member

When will Best Buy start orders for in store pick up?

6. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I have no idea honestly,probally not until next year after the holidays. Check with your store as they may be doing there own pre orders like we are. I have been told we should get a steady supply of watches for the holidays.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sorry but the geeks are not given this information either. I am sure each store will have some 7 and 7 Plus units but they have no idea how many. I know an Apple Geek and she laughed when I asked her and said they will not know each day until the delivery is made. It is the same it is every year the geeks know no more than the employees at Best Buy.

8. harpyeagle macrumors regular

Not an apple employee, but it is not rocket science. The world's most valuable company will want to have some stock on a product they announced to be available on 9/16 to have some credibility. So I "predict" there will be watches, but not sure if they'll be the ones you want. Although you may be in luck since the space grey is the most popular I think.

To me, the bigger challenge is the queue given 2 new product launches. So, it's possible people who do not find what they need may turn around and buy the other as there are many who want to have at least 1 new gadget on launch day (me included:)

Good strategy from Apple, I think.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I've been trying to get numbers for my wife (manager) for the last two days. She doesn't even have a shipment that she can look at...

10. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Our GM and DM had a meeting with us Yesterday about it.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Wow. What the hell lol. :(

12. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

We were told that the apple watches aren't has high in demand as the iPhone. Now this is what we were told,doesn't mean that's what we're going to get.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Hash I believe you. I'm just surprised my wife hasn't heard anything. She works st s very high volume store. Sigh...