Are the 3G's going to run out on the first day??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kareem92, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Kareem92 macrumors newbie

I want to get it, but also dont want to wait in line for 2 days lol.
    Is it worth waiting, or should i just pick it up later on at night.
    I heard they are making so many that they wont run out.
    Is this true??

2. MojoWill macrumors 6502

they won't run out I don't think a single store ran out of the first one

3. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Im pretty sure they wont run out like that. Last year, they had more iphones in stock within a week. Dont worry, there will be enough for all, Im sure.

4. animenick65 macrumors 6502

AT&T stores ran out of original iPhones pretty quickly. Some major apple stores ran out on the first day and many Apple stores ran out a few days after launch. All in all, most Apple stores had a pretty good stock of them. Wasn't THAT hard to get ahold of one on launch day. Kudos to Apple on delivering a good stock to stores!

5. Kareem92 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, thats good.
    Thanks for all the feed back.
    Im so anxious to get it.
    After my iphone got stolen i need the new one to complete me again.
    lol

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

magic 8-ball says, "ask again later."

really, though, i think people are underestimating iphone demand on this one. i don't think the iphone sold out last year because of the hefty $499/$599 purchase price. this year, people will be able to walk out of at&t and apple stores with iphones costing as little as $200 + tax. sure, the plans are more expensive and you pay more in the end, but again that initial kick in the groin is nowhere near as bad as it was a year ago. add in the pent up demand from being out of stock for two months, and i think the iphone has serious potential to sell out, depending on whether apple made enough. two months of no iphone sales = two months of iphone 3g stockpiling? let's hope so.

7. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

There's more chance of the guys over the pond (Americans) having shortages than us Brits. Can't see the phone running out of stock in many stores at all over here, which is good news for us! :p

8. animenick65 macrumors 6502

This is possible. Although I really don't see much in the way of hybe outside of these forums. But you never know. It could sell millions in the first wee for all we know. It's really hard to judge consumer demand.

9. needthephone macrumors 6502a

I really think they will run out in Australia.

Telstra are rumoured to only have 4500 and maybe similarily for Optus and Vodaphone so 15000 for the whole of Australia which has been waiting 18months for the iphone.

Interest here is extremely high with every announcement being picked up by the newspapers

10. Xiph0s macrumors regular

I said 'probably not' before AT&T released their price plans, but now since the price plans have been released.....HELL no they wont sell out lol.

11. christf10 macrumors member

christf10

I think there will be plenty. I plan on going an hour or two prior just to take part in any giveaways or anything else they may do.

12. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

13. Jimmie Geddes macrumors regular

It looks like Apple has made enough to meet demand.

iPhone 3G to be in healthy supply

"Apple's manufacturing schedule should be enough to satisfy much if not all of the initial demand on July 11th.

"iPhone build plans for June may be better than some had thought, which could mean that iPhone demand is met on July 11 with fewer shortages,"

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...thy_supply_as_ipod_touch_supplies_weaken.html

14. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I asked this when I went into my local o2 to have a credit check. The sales rep said he was pretty confident they would be receiving about 200 units (it's not a huge store) - and these would last for AGES. He said, last year, with the original iPhone, thats all they got, the initial 200 units, and they were still selling off those 200 until May this year, when they completely ran out.

They didn't receive further shipment.

Apple just sent in an order for 50 million Samsung NAND flash chips for iPhone 3G.
    There are going to be plenty, trust me.

R-Fly

15. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

LOL! :D

16. Kareem92 thread starter macrumors newbie

WHat are the prices for the new plan?

17. Xiph0s macrumors regular

18. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I doubt they will run out, most likely they will be carried out in a bag or a box.

However if the person buying it is really excited, it will be carried out running.

19. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

There were many stores that ran out including the store where I bought mine. They went through their allotment on day one within 2 hours.