Are the 6 plus apps utilising the extra space?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by superdudeo, Nov 24, 2014.

1. superdudeo macrumors regular

I am thinking of getting one but are the apps just blown up versions of existing ones or are the app designers actually utilising the extra space? Thanks

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

They're just blown up until the apps are updated. It's the same on the 6, just not as blown up.:cool:

3. lmcrael macrumors member

Most of the known apps that I use have been optimized for both the 6 and 6+

4. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Some are blown up (take Battery Doctor and Speedtest.net, for instance) and some aren't (like WhatsApp, Instagram).

However, there's another sub-category for the non-blown-up apps - Optimized for iPhone 6+ or not. For instance, Mactracker's app isn't blown up, but doesn't take advantage of the huge screen on the 6+. Apps that are optimized for the 6+ normally would have a two-pane view (like Messages in landscape mode).

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

None take advantage of bigger screens as in adding additional features. They just show more content without scrolling, the buttons and the font are smaller

7. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Slowly but surely, apps are being upgraded to take full advantage of the 6 Plus's larger screen.

8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

There are two ways developers can optimize apps for 6+. One is to allow more contents to be seen and one is to redesign the app allowing more functionalities. With the updates to the apps I use so far, I've only seen the first type.