Are the Apple Store "Geniuses" aware of the screen issues?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mike1123, Sep 21, 2007.

1. mike1123 macrumors 6502

I would think they are by now. I'd rather not have to convince them too much when I go to exchange my 37 tomorrow. If they try to charge me a restocking fee, I'll tell them there is now way I'm paying for them to take back a product that is defective.

2. AppleFan08 macrumors member

Yes, most are aware by now. They were when i went in on tuesday. Also, dont worry about the restocking fee, they wont charge you. Just a tip before you go, make sure you have some videos and pics on your touch to show them the problem.

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

they should know about it.. and if they don't just bring them over to the biggest iMac monitor and google it... and talk very loudly so that people around you can hear about the defect. ;)

4. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

The Genius I visited this morning at the King of Prussia Apple Store was well aware of the issue. He said they received a notice a few days ago telling them to stop selling the current stocked touches until a new batch came in. The notice also mentioned to accept returns on any defective touches without question, which he did of course. He just wanted to look over my touch since I was the first person to bring a defective touch to him. He saw the problem right away even with the bright overhead lighting.

5. mike1123 thread starter macrumors 6502

WOWeeeee that's my Apple Store. NICE.