Are the Apple Stores lying?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thesdx, Sep 14, 2007.

1. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Check out this link:http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/09/13/ipod_touch_unpacking_tour_and_first_look_photos.html

Are the Apple stores trying to hide that they actually DO have the Touch in stock?

2. mari0 macrumors member

Don't think they are lying, they probably have been receiving them in dribs and drabs and probably the reason why they are not putting them on fully promoted sale is because there probably is not enough to meet the demand plus like it has at the moment severely piss the people off who have pre ordered on the day of release. I believe that the people who pre ordered first should get them first. I have not pre ordered as I like the feeling of going to buy it in hand!

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

They have probably been told to hold off until maybe the weekend, to coincide with shipping orders from Apple.com. But once the cat is out of the bag...

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no lying would be saying they don't have them when they do.
    they might be on short supply, so its on ask-only. makes sense to me.

5. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

My local store was very upfront about having gotten them in this morning. They also said they had sold about 40 and if I didn't get there in 20 minutes I probably wouldn't be getting one.

:)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It might also be that the stores are waiting for some promotional materials like signs and things that they want up before they publicize that they're selling them.... Although usually, Apple is very snappy about getting them these things.

7. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

they are not lying.

you cant just walk into an apple store and pick an ipod, or an iphone, off the shelf and buy it. you have to ask for it. it's always been like that. they aren't about to put dozens of them on the shelf for you to grab.

8. RCGMac macrumors regular

When I called the Southdale store in Minneapolis and asked, they were very upfront told me how many they had and said they had just gotten a lot of boxes, so they should have more. I walked right in asked for an 8GB, the guy grabbed it from the back counter (behind the registers), this was about 11am Central.

Apple Stores have always worked this way, if they just got the product in this morning they prob. haven't set up the displays etc. You have always had to ask for products, that way they can sell AppleCare etc. (j/k) :p

9. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

At the Fifth Avenue store at least, they now have a cart full of iPods that one of the store employees goes around with...you can buy one right off of it if you pay with a credit card.

10. mig29fulcrum macrumors newbie

no they are not lying atleast the century city, Los Angeles one did not don't know about other stores. the day i went in they had 6 and were already sold out so i went on 15/sep/2007 and when they first opened they had 6 and the person who i talked to before helped me with the purchase of the first ipod touch of the day .

11. BII macrumors member

I called every store in my area (from manhattan beach to mission viejo, ca) and all were very upfront about how many they had yesterday, when thier orders were coming in, etc, etc. seemed like a lot of effort to simply mislead people.

a couple of store thought they had some, went to check, and then came back and said they sold out.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They're lying to you, those f'ckn cheeky bastards!
    I swear they only employ liars!

13. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

I saw the carts at the 5th ave store on Saturday. The employees who staffed them looked so sad. Anyway they did not have touches on their carts, just the shuffle, nano, etc.

14. eddee macrumors newbie

Yes they are. They're so inconsistent with what they say.. I called the Victoria Gardens Store and this is what happened.

1st time I called:
    They do have the 16 GB iPod Touch, they can put it on hold.

2nd time I called:
    They do have the 16GB iPod Touch, they can't put it on hold.

3rd time I called:
    They completely sold out of the 16GB iPod Touch.

4th time I called:
    They do have the 16GB iPod Touch, they can't put it on hold.

The last three calls were in a 30 minute time frame too..

15. pachnerg macrumors newbie

intresting... i called them 11am on sat and they said it wasnt coming out until the 28th lol i guess ill just have to wait for my pre-order...

16. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

I got mine from best buy and they didn't have them on display but I asked and they had them

17. aerospace macrumors 6502a

i work at walmart in texas, we got ours in last night

18. spikeyjac macrumors regular