Are the bumpers at the Apple Store yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tekksan, Jun 23, 2010.

1. tekksan macrumors regular

Are the bumpers at the Apple Store yet or are they waiting until tomorrow?

2. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

called 3 stores in my area (well one is close the other 2 are far away) and all of them are in turmoil prepareing for the madness tomorrow. All of them told me, "Um, not sure" to "Yes we will have ALL COLORS tomorrow"

so who knows. but bottom line is NO BUMPS in stock today.

3. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

4. SS109 macrumors member

This.

5. CJayC macrumors 6502

6. Goldfire macrumors member

Goldfire

Yeah I want to know about the dock too. I use my phone as my alarm clock and the dock is perfect to stand it up right next to my bed.

7. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

It's more aesthetically pleasing to me, and this way my iPhone can't slide around as easily if it's just attached to a cord. Then it could slide around, get banged up, who knows. As a college student it's quite nice to have the dock keep it nice and upright next to my bed, or while at home I like to charge it on a countertop surrounded by clutter thanks to my mom... it helps keep the phone from getting lost.

8. ryanbates macrumors regular

ryanbates

I use it because I typically use my iPhone as an alarm clock and also if I'm not near my phone and I get a message it's handy to be able to look across the room to see who text me.

9. Brandon083 macrumors member

Brandon083

I just went to the Lenox store (Atlanta, GA) and they said they will 'probably' have bumpers in all colors + docks tomorrow. Probably was the strongest confirmation I could get out of them though.

10. agoat macrumors regular

I am also near Lenox mall :D, did you ask if we can leisurely walk in tomorrow and buy the bumper without waiting in the preorder or reserve line?

11. Brandon083 macrumors member

Brandon083

Yes and he said there would be separate lines depending on what you were there for, although I would venture to guess any trip to the apple store tomorrow will not be leisurely!

I take all of this with a grain of salt though since the guy didn’t really seem too confident. I think I'll try an adventure to store around 11 tomorrow. :cool:

12. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

You either have eagle eyes or a very tiny room :D

13. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I use a dock at work with my work speakers plugged into the line out. I listen to music from my iPhone or streaming and when I get a call, or need to leave my desk it is much easier to pull the phone out of the dock which auto-pauses the music and then replace it after, than to unplug the cable from the headphone jack and plug it back in each time. Not to mention I can easily change tracks, etc. because the dock holds the phone upright for me, with the screen at a nice view angle.

I called 2 stores as well. One told me bumpers would not be available today and the other isn't even answering their phone. My take is to let people buy accessories today because tomorrow through the weekend and beyond will be a madhouse, and this would mitigate traffic. I don't have to have a bumper early just because my phone came today, I just would rather go to the store after work today when it is relatively quiet compared to the madness that will ensue starting tomorrow.

14. GameraFan macrumors regular

Montgomery Mall (MD) Apple store said they'll have bumpers tomorrow.

15. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

No Bumpers yet. Apple Store at Century City, Los Angeles. Just came back 5 minutes ago.

16. gostan macrumors regular

Tomorrow's a long day. I would bet that the bumpers go out the door before all of the phones

17. SS109 macrumors member

I use my iPhone as an alarm clock and I have a dock hardwired in the console of my car for power and music to the stereo. I get in the car, dock the phone, the music pipes through my stereo, the phone charges and I run my Navigon app on it.

18. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Did anyone get a bumper with their iPhone shipment? I'd love to see pics of them.

19. Dokk macrumors regular

Also, does anyone know if folks *besides* Apple will be stocking the bumpers? Perhaps Best Buy or AT&T?

20. AllenW macrumors newbie

I asked at my local AT&T store today and they said it is "Apple Exclusive" and will not be carrying it, same with Best Buy. I also called 3 Apple stores today and they all told me they are in boxes that they cannot open til after close (when they prepare for tomorrow) :(

21. agoat macrumors regular

I have to wake up early tomorrow just to get a case :apple:. Probably sell out before 8AM

22. theturtle macrumors 6502a

hahah im actually going to montgomery mall at opening time (7) to score me three bumpers. HOPEFULLY, they have all the colors in stock.

23. albert1028 macrumors 6502

I read somewhere else, that they were going to only open the store at 7am for iphone sales, you may want to check if you can purchase ONLY accessories today before they close, so you don't time headed down and being turned away.

24. Dokk macrumors regular

That's unfortunate. Thanks for the info! :) I guess I'll have to order one ... no way I'm going to brave the store anytime soon. :apple:

25. theturtle macrumors 6502a

the rep at apple said it was for all sales but now that you mention it, it leaves me a bit worried..