Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Every photo I see of the Touch has horrendous fingerprints all over it. In contrast I never see this in iPhone photos. Is the Touch a fingerprint magnet?

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Every photo I see of the Touch has horrendous fingerprints all over it. In contrast I never see this in iPhone photos. Is the Touch a fingerprint magnet?

Not really a simple wipe with anything removes them.
Its better than my last pda.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
the front shouldn't be any worse than the iphone, but the back is the shiny chrome, which attracts prints and scratches. however, if you use the ipod a lot, you'll stop noticing after a while.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
the front shouldn't be any worse than the iphone, but the back is the shiny chrome, which attracts prints and scratches. however, if you use the ipod a lot, you'll stop noticing after a while.

It is the front I am referring to. I know the back is the ridiculous shiny chrome that has no business being on a device that will be handled alot. My concern is the front surface your fingers will always be deliberately touching. I read that the iPhone resists fingerprints very well, but the photos of the touch look really bad in that department.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
they have a different coating on the front of the screen, but they are still hardly noticeable when the thing is on, its when its of and you look at it the right way you see all of the fingerprints

i just wish they had made the back brushed aluminum like the iphone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.