iPad Pro Are the iPad Pros obsolete or have and extra feature ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRealAlex, Jul 2, 2016.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

ok so my question phrasing needs work but I was excited to post this. Now that we know the iPhone 7 will eliminate the 3.5mm jack. A few things come to mind. Will it just be a matter of a software update that enables devices like the iPad Pro or iPhone 7 to use the Lightning port for Audio ?

In the case of the iPad Pro which is so new Apple may say sure we included the right chip we just never announced it. Because it's possible Apple may say hey we have this all new Audio chip in the iPhone 7 that no other device has so only it can do Lightning port audio. ?

In which case give the size of even a 9.7 iPad Pro I think having a 3.5mm jack is actually a feature.

ps how do we know it's confirmed due to newest image leaks and the fact that Apple liquidated all it's Wired BEATS headphones last month. $300 Studio 2.0 went for $149 and $200 Solo 2 went as low as $50. And you can already buy Lightning port headphones on Apple.com

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The Lightning port can already be used for audio. If you use the Lightning cable to connect to a USB audio port, say in your car, it will send the audio through the Lightning port.

3. Skika macrumors 68030

There is no special "lightning port audio" chip.

4. TheRealAlex thread starter macrumors 65816

Good so my iPad Pro 9.7 has an added feature over the iPhone 7.
    I can use a 3.5mm headset to take and receive calls while my Lightning port charges or uses USB to Ethernet to use my jobs 200Mbps speeds.