Are the iPhones on backorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chadrob30, Aug 1, 2009.

1. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

I bought a new iPhone from the Apple Store online on the 28th. It says the phone will ship within 5-7 business days, with a shipping date of August 5-11...my card has yet to be billed. WTF?

2. shrewd macrumors member

Here in the UK, I ordered mine on wednesday evening.

Money went from the bank straight away. Originally the shipping said 5 days and I should expect it to arrive 6-7 August.

Then once it had been updated the next day to 'shipped' it said expect delivery on the 3rd or before.

It turned up the next day at 8.30am.

So about 40 hours after ordering, I had it. Amazing service

3. samven582 macrumors 6502a

4. chadrob30 thread starter macrumors 6502

chadrob30

I guess I should have just driven the two hours to Tulsa and bought one there, because apparently the online store doesn't have any.

5. Knightsiphone macrumors newbie

Knightsiphone

Purchased mine on 7/24 Just shipped yesterday. It's now stateside in AK. Just waiting here, rocking back and forth. Quick question about activation. I'm coming from Iphone 2g(1st gen). When i activate, all i have to do is sync my old backup with Itunes and AT%T will auto deactivate the 1st gen sim and allow the 3gs to take over? May seem like a dumb question but this is my first upgrade.

Thanks

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

business days

means you discount the weekend so I say should ship 7-8th keep in mind too that they told us a few extra days with they 1st released/ problem is apple can not be responsible for the shipper. wait till thursday before you start screaming lol. and yep could have taking a two hour drive or maybe a at&t store ya never knowl

Knightsiphone I updated out of the box sim was already in the phone and I ordered though apple. worse case you will have to pop the sims in but it should be included and just plug it into Itunes!

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just activate with your iTunes account and use the new SIM card that's already installed. You can then load the backup from your v1 iPhone via iTunes to your 3GS iPhone and you'll be good to go. Good luck....:cool:

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

The only thing they're low on here in MO is black 16GB. Plenty of everything else.

9. chadrob30 thread starter macrumors 6502

chadrob30

I went to Best Buy today and they had plenty so I asked if they would honor the early upgrade that AT&T offered me and they did, so I went ahead and picked it up. :)

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Congrats OP, BB is a great place to pick up the iPhone as well.....:cool: