iPod Are the iPod updater files saved anywhere?

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
Now that iTunes has a built-in software update system for iPods, does it actually save the packages anywhere on the computer?

After updating my 5G last night, I would like to update my nano... being stuck on dial-up at home, I used to download all of the updates at work and I just can't do this anymore... kinda sucks for me to have to go through the download again.

Also, if it is indeed possible to retrieve the iPod updater on the computer, do you think it would include the latest software for all iPods (like it did before) or will it now include only the update for the specific model connected to the mac when loading iTunes?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Just plug the iPod into iTunes 7. You can now update through it. Click on the iPod logo to manage and update iPods now.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
rdowns said:
Just plug the iPod into iTunes 7. You can now update through it. Click on the iPod logo to manage and update iPods now.
Yep, but I was wondering if I had to re-download for every iPod... again, my dial-up sucks big time with these updates! :(

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I would doubt you would have to download it again. It should find the update on your hard drive.