Are the issues with the white iphone resolved?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AntonisCy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. AntonisCy macrumors regular

Hey guys

After a year (and a few months) of using my black iphone 4, i have decided to get the white 4s to help me cope with the fact that i will be using the same (visually) phone for another one.

I'm just wondering if the camera and light leak problems of the white model have been fixed before it was released.

Can anyone with a white iPhone 4 confirm that the phone takes good photos with no overexposure or bleached photos?

Also does the display have light bleeding?

Thanks

2. AntonisCy thread starter macrumors regular

3. iSari macrumors member

iSari

4. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

Other than the obvious difference in colour, what was the difference between the white and black iPhone 4? Why did it take apple so long to release the white i4?

5. Hey! macrumors member

Im afraid of those issues as well, especially since iPhone 4S is very slightly thicker than iphone 4, but I'm quite confident if Apple dares to sell this product, it's definitely working fine.

6. ThetaSigma macrumors regular

Yeah they have fixed the problems. That's why it took them so long to release it! They weren't going to put the phone out until it was fixed.

I think they had problems with the camera being all washed out. Don't worry, your white iPhone will be ok :)

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The thickness of the white paint was causing issues with screen bleed through and caused light to interfere with the camera in unwanted ways. It may seem like a trivial thing, but they were working on the "right thickness" for the application of the white colouring.