Are the iTunes Match servers painfully slow or what?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by iRock1, Feb 14, 2014.

1. iRock1 macrumors 6502a

iRock1

I deleted a few playlists and edited some tracks' metadata (the Sort Name, Sort Album, Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist fields of about 2000 songs) a few hours ago, all done in my iMac. Then I updated iTunes Match from the Store menu.

However, after disabling and enabling iTunes Match on my iPhone, the Music app keeps downloading those old playlists and using the old metadata.

How long will it take to the Apple servers to acknowledge this changes and being able to send them to my iOS devices? :rolleyes:

2. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Ok, this is so frustrating. I simply stopped using iTunes Match on my phone, so the information on the cloud updates correctly before any conflict can happen.

However, even using only my iTunes library at home, after a few days part of the old metadata simply restores, and I'm seeing music files with the manually entered metadata and others without it.

I've modified all those tracks like 5 times, and iTunes Match always restores their metadata after a few days.

What in the heck am I supposed to do? :(

3. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Well, I guess no one knows anything about this… :(

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I don't quite get what you're saying/asking, but I recently "cleaned" up my playlists by using folders in my iTunes library. I did the clean-up/organization on my iTunes and it didn't really show up on my iPhone. What I mean specifically is that some playlists were still outside their folders in my iPhone despite it being completely organized in my iTunes. I turned off iTunes Match and re-synced it but it remained. I just got annoyed it and left it alone. I checked several days later and my iPhone finally mirrored my iTunes library playlists exactly. So, I guess it takes a while for playlists whereas with songs it's practically instantaneous.

5. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Yeah, it took me some time to discover that the modification of playlists on iTunes' servers is not an instantaneous thing. So right now those deleted old playlists don't appear anymore in my iPhone nor in my iTunes library.

The problem though is with my tracks metadata. What I mean is that iTunes Match keeps track of just parts of those changes. So if I edited the metadata of 1,000 songs (say album artist, album, etc.), the iTunes servers do recognize those changes, but a few days later part of my library is going to keep those changes while the other part of my music will return to its original metadata. It's like if iTunes Match was overwriting my music's metadata from time to time (and the weird thing is that it just happens with part of my music).

Please tell me if the issue isn't still clear.

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I noticed this too the last few days. It use to be pretty fast, but so slow now! I added a new song and it's still on showing on my phone and iTunes Match updated hours ago.

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Ah... yes, now I understand what you mean. And, yes, I've experienced what you're talking about. I have several songs in which I update the metadata in iTunes but it doesn't reflect in iTunes Match; or it'll take effect in iTunes Match after the edit but it somehow reverts back. I've pretty much just learned to live with it and ignore the issue. Though, the new-ish bug that's been happening for the past several months are incorrect Album Arts in iTunes Match.

8. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

So it looks like it's an iTunes Match generalized issue (I wonder if it's intended to work that way though). Bummer.

Wow, that one is weird. At least I haven't experienced it by myself (yet).

9. Primejimbo, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014

Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I bought a song from iTunes Tuesday and today if finally showed up on iTunes Match on my iPhone. The song was on my computer and the only way I can get it on my phone was to download it from iTunes in the purchased area.

I'm logged into iTunes Match on my work computer so I can stream my music and that song was there, but just now showing up on my iPhone.

10. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Damn this iTunes Match service!

I modified some tracks metadata on my computer, not days, but weeks ago, and still I've not been able to see those changes on my iPad. I just had to disable the iTunes Match option on iOS and then enable it again to see all my music with the updated information.

On a side note, now I've been experiencing this WEIRD bug, where I select some track but the Music app starts playing the one before.

Say I wanted to play some track from X album, so I press track 02, but the app starts playing track 01, even when the app acts as if it was playing track 02 (i.e. it shows the artist and track information of track 02). If I press track 03 it will play track 04 and so on…

Sometimes it gets even weirder, as the Music app plays exactly the same track no matter which one I choose to play.

Has anyone else experienced some of these issues?