Are the mail settings saved in the backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by John89, Mar 10, 2010.

1. John89 macrumors regular

Are the settings actually SAVED in the backup? or just synced from your mac?

Just because I have an exchange account that refuses to work on my mac...but i use regularly on my iPhone.

I'm getting a replacement iPhone tomorrow and would be useful to know if i need to dig out the settings or not...?

Thanks
    John

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. John89 thread starter macrumors regular

as in the account settings?

Like if I restore my iPhone from a backup...will my exchange account be there or will I have to add it again? (baring in mind its not saved on my mac because it wont work for some reason)

It's a work exchange account and i don't want to have to wait a week for our pathetic IT dept to send over the details again.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See above, I was adding info as you typed, I guess. You'll have your account info saved in the backup (at least according to Apple...I don't have an exchange account, but I can't see why that would matter).

5. John89 thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers -aggie- !!!

6. cdinca macrumors 6502

Each time I have upgraded or restored, I have had to reenter my mail passwords...all the other settings were there, just not the passwords.