Are the mods unusually active today?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by johnwin, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

I posted to an iPhone thread where I and several others posted about the OP's choice of font style and colour and those comments were pulled. There was nothing particularly unpleasant about them and the OP registered no protest

I then had a totally innocuous post moved to the 'wasteland' http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=510542

No biggie. Just wondered.

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

If someone reported the posts, the mods act fairly quickly, time permitting, particularly if the reported post is in violation of Forum rules. Your take on "nothing particularly unpleasant" may not be others', particularly if it's disparaging, demeaning, or humiliating to the poster, and if it adds nothing to the thread's progression.

Sometimes, being a little cute or snarky without intending to be mean doesn't translate well. I've gotten caught with that a couple times, and on retrospect, shoulda kept my yap shut. The mods are, IMHO, never overbearing or reactionary, they're striving to keep this a civil place.

I wouldn't overly worry about it, unless a fair percentage of your posts get yanked or wastelanded, but by then, you'll get a little more personal attention, anyway. :eek:

3. johnwin thread starter macrumors 6502

johnwin

Thanks for the feedback John. I'm not too concerned - just a little surprised.

I agree that the forums are VERY WELL MODERATED and thank everyone for that.

4. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I agree. I've had several of my posts deleted or edited for a no reason. The reason for editing was something like no need to quote an entire post or some thing like that. When in fact, there were other threads that had a lot longer quote from a previous posts...

I have yet to receive any feedbacks on why my post was deleted or edited when others are left alone

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if posts are reported, or a mod comes across it thats how its taken care of. they can't read every post in every thread.

and its unlikely you'll receive any feedback about deleted posts/edited posts because that just takes too much man power and time to take care of.

6. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Why would anyone report my post. One of the thread, it asks about what would be your first movie your gonna watch on your new iPhone. I typed in the movie name Juice which starrs Omar Epps and Tupac. That post gets deleted. Then I though perhaps the mods want a complete sentence in all posts. So I stated as such in the next post. It gets deleted again.

I understand the role of a Mod, I'm a moderator in other forums, but this is getting too much. I ask the moderator, Mitthrawnuruodo, for an explanation, then he responds back asking me not to PM him.

7. Queso macrumors G4

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's really bad form to criticize mods in public.

As for your wastelanded post, that's where it belongs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.