Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azure247

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Im talking about this http://www.apple.com/ipod/inearheadphones/. The asking price is 79$ for some headphones! I currently use a zune premium headphone that I got free and I was wondering if those apple ones would have better sound. Or are they just a total rip off and have same sound quality?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
The asking price is 79$ for "some" headphones!

Contrary to your belief, there are different qualities of headphones. The Apple In-Ear Headphones that were just released have audio reproduction usually seen on headphones of $100 or more.

Not all sound sounds the same. You can't tell anyone that there's no need for 7.1 Dolby Surround when mono sounds just fine.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
There has never been an apple accessory that wasnt a rip off. You dont even have to ask, the answer is always yes.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Since they haven't been released yet - unless one of you works at Apple - how can you talk about these new headphones since you've never actually experienced them? Maybe they WILL BE a rip-off or maybe they WILL BE a bargain for $79. At the moment no one knows.

Dublo7

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Perth, Australia.
they know that because they like to pin a companies products as always being the same. Mayb apple actually tried on this one guys.

The price is absolutely ridiculous for a dual armature earphone. Like I said, buy some earphones of a more distinguished and dedicated earphone brand.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
The price is absolutely ridiculous for a dual armature earphone. Like I said, buy some earphones of a more distinguished and dedicated earphone brand.

It is nice that you have such a strong opinion on something that you haven't tested yet. I like and use UEs however a good set is going to set you back ~$180 + . If these new Apple headphones can take on the $79 - $150 UEs, I say it may be worth someone looking into them.

I highly suspect that the drivers, and overall acoustic engineering on these new earphones was done by a 3rd party, and not Apple themselves.

image.php

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
We all know that anything with the Apple logo/name is going to cost a premium. These earbuds are probably no exception. I will definitely try them out, but most likely it will be cheaper and better to go 3rd party on this.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
You guys are seriously living in a fantasy world if you think these headphones are going to be a bargain. Are you new to Apple products? They dont deserve the benefit of the doubt, they are a rip off until they prove otherwise (which they wont).

dmcman73

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
I think the built in volume controls and a button to control music is well worth the cost itself, saves you on having to take the touch out of your bag/pocket to control it. But that's just me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.