Are the new custom 15" MacBook Pros Shipping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hberg, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Hberg macrumors member

I am curious if ...

If a person was to order the 15” MacBook Pro with the 2.93Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo and a 320GB Serial ATA @ 7200 Hard Drive, what would be the turn around on that type of order? Given the recent delay in shipping of the new 17” MacBook Pro, I am curious if the 5 – 7 business days that is quoted on the web site is accurate for a more custom 15” MacBook Pro?

In addition, are any of the new custom 15” MacBook Pros currently being shipped?

Thanks.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes it should on par since they are already shipping to stores. Note that the 5-7 does not include shipping, so unless you choose overnight or 2-day, it will take a few days more.

3. Hberg thread starter macrumors member

Fyi

FYI

I just chatted online with an Apple Representative and here what they had to say:

The model that you have chosen is an upgraded model and will need to be built since it is not standard.

The 2.66 ,15 inch is shipping immediately.

The 2.93 MacBook Pro model will be made , and as soon as it is available it will be shipped.

So I was unable to obtain a definitive answer.

4. littlehorse macrumors newbie

I ordered on Mar 3rd the exactly same configured 15inch. It has not been shipped yet as of Mar 5th evening (central time). I ordered other small staffs (note book case and time capsule) together and they already arrived.
    Estimated delivery will be Mar 9-11.

5. mackensteff macrumors member

Any love from apple yet?

I had an order place around the 27th of Feb, but then the processor was bumped and I am still waiting. Any one receive the 2.93GHz MacBook yet?

6. isaki87 macrumors regular

I will be receiving my 2.93 tomorrow or Friday as a replacement to my 2.8, due to an unresolved noise/flickering/pic distortion issue.

7. mackensteff macrumors member

Thanks!

I am ordering mine through a school and unfortunately they haven't/won't pass on the tracking info, so I have been in the dark. I was hoping it would arrive this week, and this gives me more hope!

8. eddietr macrumors 6502a

When I ordered my 2.93 I was quoted 5-7 days, and it actually took 3 (5 if you include the weekend).

9. mackensteff macrumors member

Question

Did you order yours before or after the announcement, and did you update the hard drive or have software installed.

Thanks

10. eddietr macrumors 6502a

I ordered it a couple of days after the announcement. I ordered the default 320/5400 drive (since I replaced it on arrival anyway) and I did not have any software installed.

11. mackensteff macrumors member

Huge delay for 2.93 GHz Macbook pro

So I had a 15" macbook pro ordered on the 2nd of March. The update to the 2.93 GHz processor occurred the next day, and now my shipping date is listed as the 24th of March. I did upgrade to the 7200 rpm 320GB hard drive, but the store website shows a 2-4 day ship date for the same configuration. My question is has anyone else seen this delay of 3 weeks for shipping, and what is the likelihood it will ship earlier.

12. ALERT macrumors newbie

Order on 10-Mar and will deliver on 18-Mar

I returned my MBP and re-order the updated config MBP(2.93Ghz, HDD 320GB 7200rmp) from online store on 10-Mar. Juz received email notifying it has been shipped on 14-Mar and will be delivered on 18-Mar.

Hope this info helps :)

Edit: My MBP has juz been delivered (Mon-16-Mar). Two days earlier than what they initially quoted.

13. golgo1313 macrumors regular

i ordered mine on the 12th, and after taking the full 10 business days, they told me that there is a delay in the order. today they gave me a tracking number and expected delivery of april 1. it's been a hard wait...
    oh, 2.93 with 250gb 7200rpm. why smaller? i'll probably install 500 when i need to.

14. golfhero macrumors member

My custom 2.93 arrived a few weeks ago. Love it....