Are the new macbook pros on show? (UK)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acearchie, Oct 19, 2008.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Ok so i've read that they are selling out like hot cakes and I am going up to london to check them out.

Are they on show? and are there many people crowded around them?

Im mostly likely to visit the regents street store if anyone has any info it would be most helpful!

Thanks

2. delude macrumors 6502

Yes they are. I was in the Cambridge store yesterday and it was PACKED with like 4/5 people around each Mac. I could only look at the MacBooks because nobody would come away from the Pros.
    I would recommend that you go the store as early as you can, or if that is not possible then later when the annoying crowds of 'oh look, let's play' have gone. Keep in mind that I was looking at 3pm on a Saturday, so if you look on a weekday you would have better luck.

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Yeh I thought as much. However I will be able to go at really anytime in the day but it is half term for me meaning there will probably be loads of people around and considering its regents store its bound to be packed anyway!

Well it looks like I will have to perservier...

On a side note anyone know what details you need for an educational discount or a business discount to receive one instore?

Thanks

Archie

4. thespyglass macrumors regular

thespyglass

I imagine going early-ish on a weekday is best, although my nearest Apple store (Liverpool) gets quiet towards around 7pm as well. (Open until 8pm.)

Sorry I'm not sure about the details needed fo the ed/business discount but hope you have fun :)

5. CalumC macrumors regular

Student discounts require proof of being a student, if its HE take your university student card.

6. thespyglass macrumors regular

thespyglass

And I'm presuming that education professionals just need an ID from their institution?

7. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I got my HE discount in store with id, I walked away paying £1465 for my stock 2.4 MBP, ipod nano 8gb hp c4580 printer an dapple care plus nano arm band. PLus the rebate for £155, took teh price down to £1310. I rang various stores all the 2.53 sold before I got there.

I am quite happy with the new machine, I brought it with out seeing it in person, so far no real regrets. One thing which I will test further this week as I am off. I purchased a new 17"high res glossy last week and side by side I was watching lord of the rings, the colour is quite different on both the screens, also with the sun light not on that actual screen, the reflections were unbelievable on the 15. I am going to try and take some photos tomorrow and wil post back.