Are the new MBPs in store yet? If not, when will display units hit stores?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nygiants242, Nov 1, 2016.

1. gthorson macrumors member

I don't believe the demo models with Touch Bar are on display yet. I'm waiting for them as well. Want to see if I should jump up from the 13" to the 15" and I need some hands-on experience.

2. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Apple hasn't said anything; but if previous generations are any indication, the display models should arrive around the time they start arriving to pre-order customers. Generally speaking, products become available in-store for display on "launch day", though this model doesn't yet have a firm "launch day". For example, even though many stores didn't get even a single iPhone 7 plus jet black due to the demand and manufacturing issues; they still had display models.

In the past I've seen display Mac's appear a few days before the first customers began to get them. But I would still expect mid-November before we see them on display in stores. Probably December/January timeframe before you can just walk in and buy one; without having pre-ordered it for in-store pickup. Folks are already seeing mid to late December shipping times.

3. ikenstein macrumors member

The fifth avenue cube in NYC had the new models with touchbar on display under glass last weekend.