Are the new MBPs trouble free?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by neutrino23, Apr 17, 2010.

1. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I'd like to hear back from those who already have the new MBPs. Are they OK? Some new product releases have small glitches that only show up after the product starts shipping. Just wondering if anything like that has come up this time. Thanks.

(I'm planning on getting a 17" i7, non-glare display, 8GB memory, 7200RPM HD and with FCE pre-installed. This is an important business machine for me and I can't afford to have it not be perfect.

By the way, who makes the 7200RPM drive?)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

There are always a couple of bad apples (no pun intended), but this doesn't seem to be a repeat of the 27" iMac.

3. JNickyJJ macrumors member

there doesnt seem to be similar problems to that of the ipad or imac 27 where a vast number had problems, i think they all work well, obviously there will be some dodgy ones though as there is with any device [​IMG]

4. neutrino23 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, I understand they are not all perfect, I was just worried about things like the display problem that occurred several years ago that applied to all the machines.

I was looking at the 17" MBP at the Apple store and it seemed really, really nice. I don't think I can hold out for more than a day or two before ordering.

The unit in the store had a Hitachi drive.

The anti-glare screen looks really nice. I brought up some images that I'm familiar with and was impressed with the fine detail it reproduced even in the shadows. This will be nice for photography.

The LED backlight for the display should be interesting as well. The CFL in the older models sometimes takes a few seconds to warm up. This should be instant on.

5. stillboarding macrumors newbie

yeah. I've been drooling over the 15" myself. I can't wait either.

6. SwitcherWynne macrumors newbie

My husband and I bought two 15" MacBook Pros yesterday - so far not a hint of trouble, aside from iChat crashing when it first opened because my wifi picked that exact moment to die.

Otherwise, it's been amazing. I'm also switching from a PC, so it may just be the glow of the new Mac making me feel as though they are awesome. No, they just are awesome :apple:

7. starixus macrumors newbie

Hi..i've been thinking of buying a new macbookpro as well..but after i read some of the posts in apple forums..it seems that people are having problems with their macbook connecting to wifi, ethernet port issues, blank screen issues and so on..i was wondering have you ever had these problems after you bought your mac...also this will be my first mac machine as well..and of course i do hope that it comes out of box without a glitch as we are paying for the premium price..thanks