Are the new models on display at apple store yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tigerin, Jun 13, 2012.

1. tigerin macrumors newbie

I might buy one but want to try it out first. I went to best buy yesterday and dint have it out yet.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I bet if you called them and asked they'd tell you.

3. tigerin thread starter macrumors newbie

But I'm shy :(

4. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Yes they have them on display at Apple Stores, picked mine up last night. Upgraded from last years model.

5. tigerin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Finally a nice member. :D

6. Benny- macrumors regular

Benny-

Solihull Store had all new models apart from the retina MacBook pro at 9:30am this morning. The staff were still in the process of changing the displays. Many of the iPad information stands were displaying the older specs.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What do you mean by that? There's nothing "not nice" about stating facts. No one in this forum can tell you what your local store may have in stock. You need to call them to find out. Even if other stores have them in stock, your local store may or may not.

8. SteveG4Cube macrumors 6502

You can add one to the online cart and select in-store pick-up to see what's in stock locally. ;)

9. tigerin thread starter macrumors newbie

But.....it apple, they are strict with this. Not like I'm asking if the new MacBook is at Walmart.

----------

Thanks guys, really helpful members! :eek:

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, they're not strict. I called my local Apple store and asked them. They told me. It's that simple. Leave the keyboard alone and use the phone. That's the only way you'll find out.

11. tigerin thread starter macrumors newbie

Did they have it at your store?

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, but that doesn't mean your store will have them. One store in my city had them, and another didn't. You need to call your store to find out. What others may report has no bearing on your local store.

13. nevermind515 macrumors newbie

I called my store to find out what 13" models they have.

Base 13 (1.8/128/4)
    Mid 13 (1.8/256/4) - (I think it was a 1.8 - I stopped listening at 4GB ram)
    Top (2.0/512/8)

edit - He also told me to try other stores if I was looking for a different configuration.

14. Fazza macrumors newbie

What is the model number of the latest MBA 13 inch? Cheers.

15. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you go to the Apple online store and add one to your cart, it will show you the part number in the cart.

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

most of the stores have everything aside from the Retina, by everything i mean the stock versions for sale

17. Fazza macrumors newbie

Nice one, cheers.

18. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Am I missing something--does the OP live in a location with a population of one? I think it's entirely logical for the OP to post what store(s) he/she frequents and other members can post their experiences at those stores.

Threads like this benefit more than just the OP. I myself have no interest in buying one of the new macs so I would not waste my time calling my local Apple store. But if I happen to read in a thread like this that my local store does in fact have them on display, I'll probably stop by and ford the masses the next time I walk by my local store just to take a peek at them.

19. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, the OP didn't specify where they live, so we don't know what store(s) may be close to them. Second, with thousands of stores all over the world, it's unrealistic to expect this thread to contain information about every reader's local store. Third, even if someone reported that they went by a particular store and they had them available doesn't mean that they will still have any in stock by the time someone else shows up. There's no substitute for calling your local store.

20. citivolus macrumors 6502a

The OP asked about display models, not local stock.

21. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Wait, what? Is this what society has been reduced to? Shyness to call a retail store with a retail question? Ridiculous.

22. robdrj45, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

robdrj45 macrumors member

If you prefer an in-store pick-up of a non-base model Air, can you go to a nearby Apple store and order it in person or must you order it online? TIA

23. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It doesn't matter. There's still no substitute for calling your local store to see what they have on display or in stock.

All custom orders must be placed online.