Are the new "Whitebooks" improved at all?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Allusion, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Allusion macrumors newbie

The $999 model that Apple has right now has me interested. I'm considering picking one up, pending a visit to the Apple Store later today. I want to see the Aluminum models first, but something turns me off on it based on the color scheme and the "the trackpad is a button" thing...I have this feeling I'd misclick too often. We'll see...

I noticed @ 999, these now include a Superdrive, whereas the old ones for 1099 did not. They is also a minor improvement on the processor it looks like. Did they by any chance put normal multitouch on the trackpad for this one?

Also, did they use more durable plastic than the old "frequently" cracking ones I used to see?

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

The 'whole' trackpad isnt a button. The places where u normally click still click, but set button if you get what i mean. I used a new MBP in store and TBH didnt notice the new trackpad thats how normal it is to use IMO.

I dont no about the specs. Best to look on the website.

3. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve: BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

What cracking are you talking about? My MacBook's keyboard top case cracked, and I think it was replaced with a different model # part. I think this one had an a at the end of it. It was sometime back, so I don't remember for sure.

I'm sure the new ones are built using the new part.

One good thing about the aluminum Macs is that when a part needs replacing, they can just melt it down and make another one.

4. timestoby macrumors 6502

im not sure about any improvments,but it now comes with a superdrive lol.ive orderd the whitebook,should be here mon or tues

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

It's exactly the same machine as before, with the exception of the optical drive.

6. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

And Apple didn't even try to resolve the palmrest cracking?

Doesn't the "new" white MacBook has a new revision number?
    MB402LL/B instead of MB402LL/A - at least Amazon.com has those and the Apple Store list Part Number: MB402LL/B when putting the new white MacBook in the cart.
    Or is it just the added Superdrive that made the revision change? :confused:

7. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

IF you're looking at the "new" white book you may as well see if they still have any left over stock of the other previous version of the old styles. I have heard some people mentioning that they got good discounts on those.