Are the "problems" caused by MobileMe or ATT?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by voxnj, Jul 15, 2008.

1. voxnj macrumors regular

I am very happy with Mobile Me and my 3G. Everything works and syncs well.

I set up everything over wifi at my home office. After the first 24 hours, everything works smoothly and quickly. However, when I was traveling (in and around NYC) over the past two days, I've noticed that my 3G was slow to sync, Apps were terribly slow to download, email wasn't always smooth.

So my question (in an effort to understand the apparent wide range of experiences) is whether some/many/most of the problems some people have reported are a result of Mobile Me or ATT?

Any one else care to speculate or comment? If your having probelms, are you connecting via wifi or ATT 3g or ATT EDO?

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I believe the problems are with Apple and not with AT&T.

I am still on the iPhone EDGE with v2 Firmware. I have been testing with both EDGE and WiFi. At one point I felt that WiFi was not working at all. However, this afternoon I have been on WiFi and I have been getting Push Email from MM for the last couple of hours.

I think most of the problems are temporary and will be resolved by Apple within a coupld of weeks (today is the best so far). I got my iPhone about 1 year ago (2 weeks after release) and it took about 3-6 months to get Yahoo Push to work properly. I believe the problem was a combination Apple and Yahoo (but maybe mostly Apple). But not a problem with AT&T in my opinion.,