Are the screen protectors that come with iPhone 3G[S] cases good enough?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JoelMarcey, Jun 17, 2009.

1. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

So, when you buy a case for the iPhone 3G, many come with 1 or 2 screen protectors bundled in. SwitchEasy, for example, gives you some when you buy Colors.

Are those good enough to protect your screen, especially from drops (to the most practical extent possible, of course). Or are they only protection for scratches and dust, and in order to get drop protection for your screen do you need to buy something like the Best Skin Ever or Zagg InvisibleShield -- and if you do have to buy these, how can you be sure your case will fit over them?

Thanks.

2. jmeray macrumors member

jmeray

before you put a screen protector on, read the manual.
    Just make sure that a screen protector wont mess up the oleophobic screen.
    Make sure the manual doesnt say "Screen protectors could damage the oleophobic screen".

If you find out all is well... my preference is the Power Support Anti Glare after all my research. It keeps fingerprints off (like the oleophobic screen) so you dont loose too much function there. It does make it a matte finish as opposed to super shiny, but shiny means fingerprints.
    If you like shiny, then the Power Support Crystal is good.

Both available at the Apple Store if u want to walk in & purchase it live.

3. JoelMarcey thread starter macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Thanks! I am going to give the SwitchEasy Colors defauly screen protector that comes in the box a go (assuming it is good enough for oleophobic screens). If I need to, I will spend more on another screen protector.

4. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

What made you decide on this case? I'm deciding between this and the DLO Jam Jacket...

5. JoelMarcey thread starter macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Mine was between the SwitchEasy Colors and Griffin Reveal. Tough choice, but it came down to:

1. iLounge rated the Colors case #1
    2. The Reveal was on backorder from Griffin
    3. This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp30f9knCjQ

6. slimcharles macrumors newbie

ive got the DLO Jam Jacket and I havent had any problems with it, def. a nice case