Are the SGP screen protectors as smooth as the glass?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by troop231, Jul 26, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

Just wondering, I know taking the Zagg off a little bit ago, I forgot how smooth the iPhone's glass was :cool:

2. Squall152 macrumors newbie

I have the sgp oleophobic on mine right now and it's pretty smooth. As smooth as the iphone glass IMO. Alot smoother than the zagg is for sure.

3. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

Put the Ultra Crystal from SGP on my iphone 4 last night. Very Clear and smooth. Almost don't know it's on there.

4. mixedONE macrumors newbie

I have the sgp oleo on and it's pretty darn smooth. Love it!

5. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I have the Oleophobic as well and I'd say that it's as close to feeling like the glass without actually being the glass

6. rmul86 macrumors 6502

SGP has nothing on Power Support crystal films when it comes to "glass like."

7. mode8power macrumors newbie

i have the ultra clear and its very smooth, a lot better than zagg

8. JROC453 macrumors regular

I really don't know how much better Power Support can be then the SGP Crystal screen :rolleyes:

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Crystal EX is as smooth as you'll get from any film.

10. rmul86 macrumors 6502

SGP:

Soft Adhesive Film, not reusable, harder to install

POWER SUPPORT:

Hard non-adhesive film, resusable and removable, very easy to install (you get as many chances as you want).

CONCLUSION:

I have a very hard time believing SGP's soft film can even be on the same planet as far as "glass like" appearance and feel as Power Support's hard film. I'm not saying SGP is a bad adhesive film, because it isn't. In fact it is the best adhesive film out there...but these types of films don't do it for me.

11. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

I have seen people say here they can take the SGP and dip it in a very light soap and water solution and wet install it. Didn't do mine that way but some say it works better. . Jerry

12. sammjordan macrumors member

I have the Oleophobic, and it feels just like glass to me

13. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I have the EX Ultra Crystal right here next to PS Crystal on iPhones -- no discernible difference.

14. cwoodard macrumors newbie

I have the EX Ultra Crystal and LOVE it. Incredibly smooth.

15. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

I had PS anti-glare on all previous iPhone models. Loved 'em for the smoothness and anti-grease properties, not so much for the slight fuzziness imparted to the display quality. With the added "pretty" of the retina display, I thought I'd try a clear film, and SGP was first on the scene, so I got the Ultra Clear. I didn't find it difficult to apply, but I got lucky and got it virtually perfect on the first try. After 24 hours, it was glass-smooth. I like it a lot, but of course, it doesn't have the anti-grease properties. Isn't supposed to. I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison of the Ultra Clear with the Oleophobic, though.

16. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

That's just not true. The SGP films are hard like PowerSupport (at least the Steinheil and the Ultra series). They ARE reusable and removable. I took one of their Anti-Fingerprint protectors off of my iPad and reinstalled it (I decided I did like it on there after all).

They are also equally easy to install since they are dry-install.