Are the SGP screen protectors as smooth as the glass?

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Just wondering, I know taking the Zagg off a little bit ago, I forgot how smooth the iPhone's glass was :cool:

Squall152

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
I have the sgp oleophobic on mine right now and it's pretty smooth. As smooth as the iphone glass IMO. Alot smoother than the zagg is for sure.

Comment

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
I have the Oleophobic as well and I'd say that it's as close to feeling like the glass without actually being the glass

Comment

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
I really don't know how much better Power Support can be then the SGP Crystal screen :rolleyes:
SGP:

Soft Adhesive Film, not reusable, harder to install

POWER SUPPORT:

Hard non-adhesive film, resusable and removable, very easy to install (you get as many chances as you want).

CONCLUSION:

I have a very hard time believing SGP's soft film can even be on the same planet as far as "glass like" appearance and feel as Power Support's hard film. I'm not saying SGP is a bad adhesive film, because it isn't. In fact it is the best adhesive film out there...but these types of films don't do it for me.

Comment

Orlandorealtor

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
winter garden,fl
I have seen people say here they can take the SGP and dip it in a very light soap and water solution and wet install it. Didn't do mine that way but some say it works better. . Jerry

Comment

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
SGP:I have a very hard time believing SGP's soft film can even be on the same planet as far as "glass like" appearance and feel as Power Support's hard film...
I have the EX Ultra Crystal right here next to PS Crystal on iPhones -- no discernible difference.

Comment

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I had PS anti-glare on all previous iPhone models. Loved 'em for the smoothness and anti-grease properties, not so much for the slight fuzziness imparted to the display quality. With the added "pretty" of the retina display, I thought I'd try a clear film, and SGP was first on the scene, so I got the Ultra Clear. I didn't find it difficult to apply, but I got lucky and got it virtually perfect on the first try. After 24 hours, it was glass-smooth. I like it a lot, but of course, it doesn't have the anti-grease properties. Isn't supposed to. I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison of the Ultra Clear with the Oleophobic, though.

Comment

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
SGP:

Soft Adhesive Film, not reusable, harder to install

POWER SUPPORT:

Hard non-adhesive film, resusable and removable, very easy to install (you get as many chances as you want).

CONCLUSION:

I have a very hard time believing SGP's soft film can even be on the same planet as far as "glass like" appearance and feel as Power Support's hard film. I'm not saying SGP is a bad adhesive film, because it isn't. In fact it is the best adhesive film out there...but these types of films don't do it for me.
That's just not true. The SGP films are hard like PowerSupport (at least the Steinheil and the Ultra series). They ARE reusable and removable. I took one of their Anti-Fingerprint protectors off of my iPad and reinstalled it (I decided I did like it on there after all).

They are also equally easy to install since they are dry-install.

Comment