Are the store out of iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roxics, Sep 19, 2014.

1. roxics macrumors regular

I haven't been paying attention all day. My iPhones are preordered for a mid October delivery date. Just curious if there are any iPhones in the stores still.

----------

Like if I wasn't picky and wanted to walk into an Apple Store tomorrow and pick one up, do they still have any?

Just curious.

2. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

I am on Verizon so I went in looking for a case, they didn't have any cases and they didn't have any phones.

Went over to ATT and found a case and talked to them about the launch.

Both stores said they sold out immediately but what I found interesting is that neither store had ANY iPhone 6 Plus stock available for launch. They only had the 6's this morning. I called around to all the Verizon stores within maybe 2 hours drive and they were all sold out of everything and all the stores said they did not get any 6 pluses in for the launch. I was trying to return my silver pre-order for a black one at the store.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Well I got my 6 Plus at the Apple store and when I walked out at 6 PM, they had plenty of iphones 6/6+. But when of course, as I walked out there were still a long line. Mall closed at 10 PM

4. EW800 macrumors 6502

Hard to say for sure, but from what I have been reading there is pretty much no chance of getting a 6+, however it sounds like some folks may still be getting the 6. I was able to go into a Verizon store at about 5pm to pick up a 6 for my daughter, however this particular store started with ZERO 6+'s.

5. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

Anyone have an idea what the rough state of this is gonna be tomorrow ... my mom wants to return her Gold iPhone 6 for a space gray one after seeing the one my brother got ... Ordered ATT not apple so I am assuming that will be another annoyance to deal with ...

6. Pochi Hanaki macrumors regular

What city was this? I can't imagine any Apple store having a 6 plus at 6pm.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If what I saw this afternoon at my local Apple store was any indication, it's going to to continue to be a madhouse for quite some time.

http://i.imgur.com/yO8D2kr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3pTlwct.jpg

That was at 6:30 p.m. Though, I guess the fact that there was still a line would mean that there's still stock.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

China producing 140,000 phones a day. There would obviously be daily shipments to the US.

It would be a feat of magic to be able to tell what combination phones make it here, and where they go.

Surprisingly, the Apple Store in Aventura, FL, had zero iPhone 6+ for walk-ins on launch day. ZERO! They had many people picking up the 6+ that got their preorders in. While I was there at 7pm picking up a case, I counted 130 people in line and Apple employees kept letting them in for a bit because they still had the 6 in stock.

Try your luck very early tomorrow. I heard Apple may open early again to help with the massive demand.

9. Pochi Hanaki macrumors regular

I would bet they are getting the 6 and not the 6plus. Our store had 45 6plus only but they still had lines all day with people getting the 6 or pre orders picking up both the 6 and 6 plus.

10. josher747 macrumors newbie

I can't speak for the Apple Stores, but I went in search of cases/Screen protectors today, and found 2 Best Buys with 6s available, and a Best Buy Mobile in a mall with 6/6+ available. People were walking right in and buying them on the spot. This was around 7pm

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Madison, Wisconsin. Well I came and waited in line at 1:40 PM. At the time they did not have any 6 Plus in stock. It wasn't until 3:00 PM when the Apple guy said that there were some 6 Plus available. So I went ahead and put a reservation pass on the 6 Plus. Being that I already had a reservation pass for the 6.

Granted that it could be that earlier comers might have changed their minds and decided to go with the 6 instead. who knows.

12. Pochi Hanaki macrumors regular

Probably pre-order people saw how big the phone is and then changed their mind and traded for the 6 and that then became available for you.

13. airbelchris macrumors regular

walked in the (sprint) store at 5pm. they had plenty left.

now only pissed. you cant take screenshots with this

14. Pochi Hanaki macrumors regular

You take them the same way as always. Home and power button at the same time

15. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

I got lucky and found the iPhone 6 I wanted at BestBuy, after 6 p.m. There was only one in space gray with the 64 gb I wanted left. All the other few they had were gold, and I'm not crazy about that color for some reason.

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm sure you'll be able to find a Space Gray 6 pretty easily..

17. roxics thread starter macrumors regular

So I already have an Apple store preorder scheduled for mid October delivery and financed through AT&T Next. If I did walk into an Apple store today or at any point between now and my shipping window, could they fulfill my preorder right then and there if they had it in stock?

Or could they cancel my preorder and then do the new sale there? I've heard that AT&T Next cancels can take 3-5 days before being able to reorder, but I've also been told by AT&T that many go through immediately.

I wonder has anyone done this?

18. MasterChat macrumors member

When would this increasing demand end? I think I'll wait for that time.