Are the stores going to be sold out?

fud122

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Realistically do you think Apple stores are going to be sold out of of Leopard on Friday? I haven't ordered but I live a few blocks from the downtown Toronto Apple store. So I was thinking I can just go in there and buy a copy after 6 but I dont want to go if its going to be all crazy and hyped up with people fighting for copies and huge lines etc...(this is not the PS3 or some must have tickets... just some software so Im hoping its not too wild) Thanks!

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
When the iPhone came out, my local Apple store didn't sell out until Monday morning (2/7). I think that 10.5 will have a small response, so I think you'll be fine. Apple will be well-prepared.

Comment

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
There is no way in H it's going to sell out. No way. You'll be able to walk in a 8pm, put your $ down and walk out with your very own copy easy as pie.

Apple is making tons of copies...more than the iPhone. A lot of people (like me) are pre-ordering, and others will be delaying purchase for a few days or longer. Maybe you won't get a shirt, but you will get a copy of 10.5.

Comment

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
Don't worry about it:

1. This is software as opposed to hardware (iphone). It costs Apple almost nothing to make a go-jillian copies as opposed to manufacturing phones.

2. Only people with Macs can even buy Leopard... and that's about 3% of all computer users right now. The iphone market is much, much, much larger, so many more people got excited about it.

3. A great majority of Mac owners won't upgrade on day one. Some won't upgrade ever.

So after the first few hours of excitement and free tshirts, everything will be back to normal.

Comment

jstad

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
There will be plenty in stock on Friday. I promise or I will send you mine :p

Comment

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I'm getting mine at the ATT store since the lines should be shorter. :confused:

Comment

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
When Tiger came out I waited in line for two hours before I got my copy. The store ended up being open an extra TWO HOURS longer then predicted, and they still had copies to spare... mouse pads on the other hand.....

Comment

andresrw

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
and sold out in Miami on saturday?????

What about saturady?
I only can go on Saturday to Aventura Mall in Miami.
:confused:

Comment

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
im going to my shop on friday i decided to cancel my orders online cos i kept changing my mind and i really want a geeky :apple: tishrt

Comment

Ariez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
Software never sells out. Even if it does it will be in stock a week later because its so easy to print them.

Comment

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
I want to buy a MacBook Pro friday night. Will it have a Leopard upgrade disc in the box?
There is a definite possibility that MacBooks, or any other model of computer, will sell out as people have waited for Leopard to be included. Definitely go early if you are buying a computer.

Comment

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
2. Only people with Macs can even buy Leopard... and that's about 3% of all computer users right now. The iphone market is much, much, much larger, so many more people got excited about it.
Actually, I believe it's up to 8.1% per a recent article on this very site (or it may have been on MacNN).

Anyways, to help the OP, preorders have been over double that of Tiger, which could mean overall better sales and selling out quicker in the stores, or it could mean fewer people waiting in line and you won't have any trouble. Your call.

jW

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.