Are the stores going to be sold out?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fud122, Oct 24, 2007.

1. fud122 macrumors member

Realistically do you think Apple stores are going to be sold out of of Leopard on Friday? I haven't ordered but I live a few blocks from the downtown Toronto Apple store. So I was thinking I can just go in there and buy a copy after 6 but I dont want to go if its going to be all crazy and hyped up with people fighting for copies and huge lines etc...(this is not the PS3 or some must have tickets... just some software so Im hoping its not too wild) Thanks!

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

When the iPhone came out, my local Apple store didn't sell out until Monday morning (2/7). I think that 10.5 will have a small response, so I think you'll be fine. Apple will be well-prepared.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

There is no way in H it's going to sell out. No way. You'll be able to walk in a 8pm, put your $ down and walk out with your very own copy easy as pie.

Apple is making tons of copies...more than the iPhone. A lot of people (like me) are pre-ordering, and others will be delaying purchase for a few days or longer. Maybe you won't get a shirt, but you will get a copy of 10.5.

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Don't worry about it:

1. This is software as opposed to hardware (iphone). It costs Apple almost nothing to make a go-jillian copies as opposed to manufacturing phones.

2. Only people with Macs can even buy Leopard... and that's about 3% of all computer users right now. The iphone market is much, much, much larger, so many more people got excited about it.

3. A great majority of Mac owners won't upgrade on day one. Some won't upgrade ever.

So after the first few hours of excitement and free tshirts, everything will be back to normal.

5. jstad macrumors regular

jstad

There will be plenty in stock on Friday. I promise or I will send you mine :p

6. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Tell you what, if your store sells out, I'll GIVE you my copy. That's how confident I am that they won't sell out ;)

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm getting mine at the ATT store since the lines should be shorter. :confused:

8. unity macrumors 6502a

When Tiger came out I waited in line for two hours before I got my copy. The store ended up being open an extra TWO HOURS longer then predicted, and they still had copies to spare... mouse pads on the other hand.....

9. fud122 thread starter macrumors member

10. andresrw macrumors member

and sold out in Miami on saturday?????

What about saturady?
    I only can go on Saturday to Aventura Mall in Miami.
    :confused:

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

if you're fine on friday....should be fine on saturday.

12. Dm84 macrumors regular

I want to buy a MacBook Pro friday night. Will it have a Leopard upgrade disc in the box?

13. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

im going to my shop on friday i decided to cancel my orders online cos i kept changing my mind and i really want a geeky :apple: tishrt

14. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

if not, then they'll give you a disk

15. Dm84 macrumors regular

Ok, because I'd be really annoyed if I had to go through the mail in procedure.

16. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

don't leave the store without leopard!

17. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I don't think anybody will have a problem finding a copy at an Apple store.

18. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i sure hope not

19. Ariez macrumors regular

Software never sells out. Even if it does it will be in stock a week later because its so easy to print them.

20. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, but who wants to wait a week?

21. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

There is a definite possibility that MacBooks, or any other model of computer, will sell out as people have waited for Leopard to be included. Definitely go early if you are buying a computer.

22. tdhurst macrumors 601

tdhurst

Uh...

Yeah, you go ahead and do that. Let us know how many copies of Leopard att&t was allotted.

23. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i think most are waiting on new Macbooks though

24. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, I believe it's up to 8.1% per a recent article on this very site (or it may have been on MacNN).

Anyways, to help the OP, preorders have been over double that of Tiger, which could mean overall better sales and selling out quicker in the stores, or it could mean fewer people waiting in line and you won't have any trouble. Your call.

jW