Are there a ical app for XP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bengal85, Nov 11, 2008.

1. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

I have xp but I really like mac (I would have one if it wouldn't cost me a ton) but any way I was wondering if there was a Ical app for windows and where I could get it.

2. 1visitor macrumors member

there are 2 worth mentioning

There is a very nice Windows program called CALENDARSCOPE, which in some ways works better than iCAL in its standalone puposes, the interface is handier, better coloring choices.
    But unlike iCAL, Calendarscope isn't free, and it lacks the kind of integration that iCAL shares with AddressBook and Mail.
    I wish there were a Mac-version of Calendarscope, since iCAL feels very Windows-like regarding (un)stability.

A second choice would be Google's Calendar which apparently is free, and has a version for the web and a standalone offline version called Sunbird. The interface isn't as polished but it might do what you need.

Hope this helps.

3. PhilW macrumors newbie

You're mixing up your apples and pears here. Google Calendar is purely online and is totally free. Sunbird is nothing to do with Google: it is released by Mozilla, the same people who produce Firefox, Thunderbird etc. Sunbird is free, too.

4. kolax macrumors G3