Are there any alternate RDP Clients for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mossme89, Oct 12, 2016.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

Instead of "Microsoft Remote Desktop." The reason I'm asking is that for whatever reason, Microsoft's RDP client for Mac does not allow you to organize your saved connections into folders or categories. So if you have more than half a dozen or so saved RDP connections, it can be difficult to find the one you want.

This isn't a huge deal, but it would make things a lot easier if there was a decent alternative to Microsoft's RDP client.

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Did a quick google search and found this. Haven't tried it though.

3. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

MS is working on adding a feature so you can organize your saved RDP connections into folders.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've used CoRD but the current version of MS's RDP is good, so much so, I've been using that.

5. LJIV macrumors newbie

Give RoyalTSX a try. I was having the same issue using the updated RDC client and not being able to better organize/manage multiple connections.

I was introduced to it when I started a new position recently. I've found it easy to navigate and I use it daily to connect to numerous WinOS systems.

https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/osx/features

6. buddyspencer macrumors regular

I'm searching for an RDP App where I can choose the network interface I want to use. Should be different to my standard-network.

Something like VMWare is doing with it's VMs (there I can choose the network I want).