Are there any alternative programs to bootcamp that will read iso files?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by lolkittymao, Feb 23, 2010.

1. lolkittymao macrumors newbie

Well I downloaded a legit version of windows 7 and I know that it works cause I tested it out on parallels. But it was just too laggy, so uninstalled paralles. I want to actually make a windows partition on my mac, but my mac only reads dvd disk, so i can't burn the iso file to a dvd. And bootcamp obviously doesn't read iso files, so I've been looking for an alternative, but I can't find any programs that read iso files and create a windows partition... I also tried flash drive, but it didn't have enough space.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You need an external medium to install Windows 7 (or XP or Vista or Me or 98 or 95 or 2000 or NT or many other OSs), no program that reads .iso files will help you, because you have to quit the Operating System (any) in order to install a new OS via Bot Camp.

Either get an external DVD burner, external HDD or a bigger thumb drive (16GB cost around 15€).

And then use MRoogle to find many threads about installing Windows via other means than a DVD.