iPad mini Are there any apps that the Mini 4 can't run?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NikkiJayne, Jan 25, 2016.

1. NikkiJayne macrumors regular

NikkiJayne

I think this is a silly question, but since I have announced my intention of buying a Mini 4, I have lots of Facebook 'friends' telling me that it won't run certain apps, either because of its performance or its size.

To my understanding, the Mini 4 is no different to the Air 2 aside from the size and the chip, and should run anything the Air can run. Am I correct?

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

I have not found anything it won't run, in the App Store.

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

There are only two iPads on the market more powerful than the Mini 4: the Air 2 and the Pro, and the former not by all that much in a practical sense. Believe me, there is no iPad app that doesn't run on the Mini, and it's unlikely that there will be for some time, given that the iPad 2 and Mini 1 which are from 2011 and 2012 respectively still run all iOS 9 apps. Your friends don't know what they're talking about.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

In my family we have an iPad Mini 1, 2, and 3. I have not found any apps that won't run on any of them. The 4 will be fine for anything you want to use it for.

Perhaps these friends prefer non Apple tablets (which is fine) and that is where the negativity comes from.

5. NikkiJayne thread starter macrumors regular

NikkiJayne

Thanks guys, looks like you've solved that one for me! :)