Are there any apps that use QuickSync acceleration on Mavericks?

Bottomsup

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2011
i have a 2013 MBA with Haswell and prefer to not use bootcamp to get to these features. I could use bootcamp and Handbrake with windows.

is this the right forum to post this?

Thanks

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
i have a 2013 MBA with Haswell and prefer to not use bootcamp to get to these features. I could use bootcamp and Handbrake with windows.

is this the right forum to post this?

Thanks
I think the Handbrake nightly builds have some preliminary support for QuickSync encoding.

Bottomsup

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Just like suggested by thirdeye Handbrake . For BluRay I suggest the MakeMKV beta (you have to download the beta every thirty days).
I am pretty sure Handbrake only supports QuickSync on Windows. i just DL'ed it on mac and could not find the setting even in the nightly.

does MakeMKV use QS? i searched their site and did not see any reference to it.

Thanks

satcomer

macrumors 603
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I am pretty sure Handbrake only supports QuickSync on Windows. i just DL'ed it on mac and could not find the setting even in the nightly.

does MakeMKV use QS? i searched their site and did not see any reference to it.

Thanks
By you own link it says
OS X
Apple added Quick Sync support in OS X Mountain Lion for AirPlay Mirroring, FaceTime and QuickTime X.[9] iMovie 10 uses Quick Sync when exporting videos.
So it all depends on the Mac you own and Intel chip inside it. So there are no settings that I know of.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
So it all depends on the Mac you own and Intel chip inside it. So there are no settings that I know of.
The nightly Handbrake builds in Windows which support QS have a setting to enable it or not for decoding.