Are there any AppStore apps comparable to Snapture?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mortagon, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mortagon macrumors member

Are there any that offer similar features, particularly the ability to take three pictures in a row, turn off sound for the click of snapping a pic, and allow you to click anywhere on screen to take a picture

2. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

no not yet.but apple should take a page from these apps and spruce up their own apps.
    Unless, apple is saving resources and hoping that devs will create apps that the public needs and all they do is bank on it ;)

3. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I think I read somewhere that certain manipulations of the camera aren't possible in the SDK (kind of like no videorecording). Which totally sucks, of course. Apple needs to seriously allow 3rd-party apps to do this, or beef up their own camera app. The 3-pictures at once function would be great, because I find it takes forever to get a good picture of someone -- it's always half a second off, when someone's making a weird face or something. This function would help an awful lot....

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Correct, the only way a developer can access the camera is by using it the same way camera.app does. You can't change the way the photos are taken, the speed they are taken, nothing fun like that.