Are there any Cydia apps like Full Charge Alert, that are 5.x compatable?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Aug 2, 2012.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Seeing as Full Charge Alert is out of date and no long compatible with IOS 5.x. :/ But was great because it alerted you on full or max charge.

2. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

3. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Yeah it's a great reminder for the forgetful, like me. lol *secret bump for attention*

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I use battery doctor from the app store to keep track of full cycle chargers. But regardless, when it's done charging it plays any tone you select and I'm pretty sure it vibrate too.

I'm not sure how that tweak operated but battery doctor does alert you when the phone is done charging. Just throwing it out there.

5. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

you need to have the app "open / running" for this?

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yes it has to be in the multi tasking tray. If its not in the task switcher it won't alert you.

7. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

then it kills the entire point of the tweak.

app store "tweaks" are pretty much worthless compared to cydia tweaks :)

8. BumpyFlatline, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Lol I hear ya. This isn't a "tweak" though. It's an application to keep a running log of your full cycle charges. It also reminds you when it's time for your monthly full cycle charge via a badge, banner and calendar event. It just so happens to include an alert for when you charge is complete.

I'm not sure any app store software can compare with an alternate cydia version if one exists. Cydia software will always have the upper hand because the shackles are removed. Outside of games, I'm not sure if anything in the app store is better than its cydia counterpart.

I've never used the full charge alert tweak you guys are looking for. I have no personal use for something like that but if I come across something that might work I'll let you guys know! Good luck!

Edit: I just tested the alert and it seems as though it sends you a banner notification when its done charging and then when you open the app is sounds the alert. So this app woulnt even help you at all since it's only a banner notification. Sorry guys! I'll shut up now lol

9. todd2fst4u macrumors regular

A tweak called SpringClean will allow you to set different power alerts including when the device is fully charged.

10. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Bump, since the affirmentioned don't alert upon completing full charge. :/
    That was the most simple Cydia tweak, yet no replacement for it. ;(

11. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99