Are there any ex-Fender guitar players here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Aug 25, 2007.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

to me, even now, Fender guitars are like Macs to me...the best and most innovative (and the Fender custom shop axes are amazing)

...but since 2001, i have used a dual humbucker ESP LTD Viper 301 and i like it

and in 2006, i bought a semi-hollowbody Ibanez artcore as-73 with two humbuckers

recently, i joined a punk band and i play through three 100 watt all tube marshall half stacks (jcm 800, jcm 900, and jim marshal jcm 2000) and those humbucking pickups hit the sweet spot for punk (ramones and pistols style stuff)

are there any former single coil only type players, or fender single coil guitar players, now using something with a humbucker(s) in it exclusively?

in the metal band that shares our studios and gigs, the guitarist has a fender strat, but with all the guts and single coils ripped out of it, and now that strat sports a custom black pickguard with a single emg-81 bridge humbucker in it...and it does sound good...through those same three marshalls

2. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

...so there is nobody in this world of mac who play electric guitar who have not switched from a single coil driven fender axe to a humbucker equipped gibson, jackson, esp, ibanez, schecter, or hamer? or other brands?