Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I pretty much need external batteries to keep my iPad and iPhone running throughout the day, but charging up those batteries takes forever.

Are there any external batteries that have to capability to charge really fast with USB C? I need one that is 20,000mah or larger. 5 hour or less charging time is ideal.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
You may be interested in the Jackery Titan S. http://9to5toys.com/2016/04/13/jackery-usb-power-bank-deals/

However, I believe the max charging speed would be 12W via the 29W power brick.

I've just received the battery, and I can confirm that it charges a bit faster than I expected, at 15W

image.png

Unfortunately I don't think we're going to see 29W portable chargers at the moment.

EDIT: Just realized this screenshot doesn't answer the OP's question. In terms of charging the portable battery itself, I'd say this wouldn't be appropriate. The 29W USB-C power brick doesn't seem to charge this battery correctly, although charging it via a typical USB-A to USB-C charger works fine.

According to the specifications for this battery, it looks like it charges at 15W as well, but that takes 8 hours :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.