Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kodcl10

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Are there any free VPN services out there ?

most of them i have seem cost around $10 per month....

thanks

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
Bucklor is lifelong free VPN.

I've registered with Bucklor, but when trying to log into their VPN I always get an 'authentication failed' message, with all protocols and all servers.

Is it just me?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've registered with Bucklor, but when trying to log into their VPN I always get an 'authentication failed' message, with all protocols and all servers.

Is it just me?

Did you try reaching out to their tech support?

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2014
Bucklor is lifelong free VPN.

"Lifelong"? Not unless your life is ending sometime in the next two weeks

"Dear customers,

Thanks so much for your support to us. Due to the significant changes to company operations, we decide to close Bucklor.com this month. We have returned all the payment to users who placed the order on June and changed their account to free one. All account will be disabled and deleted at the end of this month. So please try to choose other VPN provider to continue your usage. We are so sorry about this inconvenience, thanks so much for your support and understanding.

Best Regards,
Bucklor"
http://www.bucklor.com/news/bucklor_will_be_closed_at_the_end_of_this_month-85.html

----------

Did you try reaching out to their tech support?

They are shutting down?

----------

Is it just me?

Doesn't seem to be just you anymore..

cactus70

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Best one I've used is VyprVPN

without a doubt it has been VyprVPN for me in Australia. I've used and trialled a few and it leaves, for example HideMyAss in the dust. It's not cheap though but I have not been geo-blocked EVER. They give you a free trial and there's no messing around setting it up either. The interface is basic and sleek and unlike most other MAC VPN's it has locked me into the connection if it's has failed which has been on very rare occasions :)
with 6 VPN OPTIONS TOO play with and they are ALL VERY FAST
Chameleon, 256 encryption with no loss of speed, very nice
Open VPN 256 encrypt
Open VPN 160 encrypt
L2PT/IPsec 256 encrypt
PPTP 128 encrypt
VyprDNS which is new and I haven't tried it yet

It's works flawlessly on my MBP and iPhone 5s, I don't usually give companies glowing reports but these guys have done their homework and it rocks, with 24/7 support. If you're like me and don't want to set one up then check them out, free trail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.