Are there *ANY* good HTML5 games on the web?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SomeDudeAsking, Apr 16, 2011.

1. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Looks to me like HTML5 is a big, humongous fail. There are absolutely no good HTML5 games out on the web that can run in Safari. Flash is king for web gaming and whether you like to admit it or not, there is no way that HTML5 can provide what is needed for web browser gaming since every HTML5 game I've seen for the iPhone has crap graphics and pegs your CPU like a pimp.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

1. Your a known troll.

2. The main way of getting games on iPhone is from the AppStore, there you can find 50000+ iOS games.

3. HTML5 is a relatively new standard and not designed for games but for video and for video it work like a charm.

I have no idea why im responding to your troll thread but anyways. Dont you have anything better to do then troll? How many friends to you have? 1? 2?

3. SomeDudeAsking thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

1. The only trolls are those that come into my threads and call me a troll.

2. And what's wrong with web gaming?

3. HTML5 has been a "new standard" for years and still hasn't delivered. It makes Duke Nukem Forever look punctual. And just what do you think the canvas tags and all those animation functionalities are for?

4. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

How is this iPhone related???

Do you seriously think that anyone who owns a iPhone try's to play games from safari? Really ???

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

1. Erm no, your starting pointless discussion in the forums on an almost daily basis, therefore that makes you a troll.

2. There is nothing wrong with web gaming, but as the last poster and myself have said the main way of getting games on an iPhone is to use the app store, virtually no one would want to game in safari.

3. No HTML5 only really took of last year and it has spread across the web incredibly fast. Also your quite uneducated on the issue all those animation functionality in HTML5 are for making elements on websites interactive and for giving webpages animation functionality for going through menus, photo galleries etc. NOT for games (I am a webdesigner which writes all my work by hand, the old fashioned way, so I know this).

I end this conversation now because everything I have said is fact and can not be argued against.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

This is what you're doing at 3:00AM on a Fri.? Get out and have a drink, talk to some friends....something.

7. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The only failure in HTML5 is how the press have reported it.

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

+1

Apple created the App store and you'll find better games in there.

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

If that comment was directed at me I wrote this comment at 5pm on Saturday afternoon. There are timedifferences you know.

10. JD914, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011

JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Whats HTML5? Oh yeah thats something Jobs said Apple will use instead of Flash!!!!

The OP is right, Flash is King and because of Job's arrogance Apple users are missing out.

You speak the truth and the Zealous fanboys here can't handle it, hence referring you to as a troll.

There is virtually is no HTML5 content on the web and all we got on our iOS devices is a Lego block, way to go Jobs!!! :rolleyes:

11. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Every web page on the web is HTML.

We are talking about HTML5 get your terms right dude. The fact that you can't get the terms right is an example that you are completly unqualified to talk about this issue and you have absolutely no idea, you think what you want to think.

And every site I visit has HTML5 for their video and if I play a game I go to the AppStore like all the other millions of iPad users.

12. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Yes I was referring to HTML5, it was a typo :rolleyes:

Since were being grammar nazi's you misspelled "completly" therefore making you unqualified to post on messageboards :rolleyes:

13. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

I tip my Guinness to you Sir :D

14. milani macrumors 68000

milani

15. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

LOL, owned.

16. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Not really. Macingman made a typo, but that doesn't change the fact that JD914's statement is still completely wrong.

17. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Google Pac-Man. :D

But yeah, Flash gaming is pointless with the App Store. Who would want to play Flash games when it would drain your phone's battery? Plus, it would be difficult to handle things like button controls and mouseovers.

18. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

19. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

this

and this.

20. scottgroovez macrumors regular

I think it's plainly obvious that Apple has no real interest in HTML5. They make heaps of money from apps, whereas they get zero from HTML5 games. By preventing flash from their devices they cut out the only serious competitor to the app store and has HTML5 to fall back on for video delivery.

21. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Incorrect, Apple has HUGE interest in HTML5 they are the main company which is really backing it and pushing it to become a widely used web standerd, without HTML5 it will be impossible to watch videos in mobile Safari.

Apple is depending on HTML5 to make their mobile Safari really "work" for iPad/iPhone/any other iOS device users.

22. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

unless you could install flash... but thats a whole new discussion :p

23. scottgroovez macrumors regular

They have an interest in HTML5 for video because it doesn't use flash. For games they want devs to develop games as native apps, they don't care for HTML5 games much as they don't make any money from them.

So, by cutting out flash (that can deliver both games and video) they "force" devs (as canvas sucks on iOS) to develop native apps for games and use HTML5 for video.

So when I said they have no interest in HTML5, I mean they only have an interest in that it's not flash.

24. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Nope.

iOS can play Video files without HTML5 (using QuickTime), it just does it in a more open way using HTML5.

Apple has limited support for a lot of parts of HTML5 that make it possible to make web apps that work similarly to native apps.