Are there any hard cases for carrying 12" Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Z3man, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Z3man macrumors 6502a

I am looking for a hard case for carrying my 12 rMB, cant seem to find any.

I am looking for one specifically designed for the rMB, not looking for a snap on cover, but something solid for carrying the MB in. Something that will protect it if it gets dropped or squashed.

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

http://www.tucano.com/en/hard-shell-case-for-macbook-12-nido.html

I have the version for MBP 13", same brand.
    Very good.

3. Z3man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks but as mentioned i am looking for a case for carrying it in rather than a shell.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I have no idea what a "case for carrying it" is :confused:

5. Nychot macrumors 6502a

it's like a briefcase. is that so hard to figure out?

6. roniphon macrumors member

Perhaps you saw related cases with other models and just can show us what did you meant?

7. dljor macrumors regular

8. Z3man thread starter macrumors 6502a

All I can find is sleeves, want something similar but hard/solid. Will post a link to something similar when I get home tonight.

9. coevolve macrumors newbie

I opted for two forms of protection simultaneously whilst travelling. I use a G-Form impact resistant sleeve and a Moshi hard shell. Then I can place the protected MacBook in regular leather briefcase when I go to work. Sometimes I use a backpack or ruck sack instead of the leather briefcase. In that more informal situation I still place the Moshi hardshell MacBook in the G-Form impact resistant sleeve. It makes me feel a bit better about my investment.

Unfortunately I am paranoid about a drink spilling on the unprotected keyboard. I think I will go research how to avoid that risk beyond never having the laptop on a table with a drink. There is still risk though, for example if drinking children or adults are near your MacBook.

10. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Im using an hard shell in a soft sleeve. Perfect solution.

11. Older bird macrumors regular

Older bird

12. dljor macrumors regular

13. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

To prevent it being damaged, some people`s work places are more dynamic than others. My own rMB has pretty much been round the world from Houston to Borneo. A pelican type case makes perfect sense to prevent damage while in transit irrespective of the Notebooks size, that`s more what I believe the OP is enquiring about.

Q-6

14. cdf macrumors member

Most of the time it's not in the case. I enjoy the lightness too much for that. But in situations I feel are susceptible to drops (traveling, being around kids, etc.), it goes in the case. It's all about minimizing the likelihood of accidents.

15. Z3man thread starter macrumors 6502a

16. Craigy Boy macrumors member

17. Z3man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes something like that but a bit sleeker, i don't need the extra inside storage so hoping to find something a bit slimmer, that ones 43mm thick which is pretty thick.

18. David58117 macrumors 65816

Incase icon with tensaerlite.

I've had these for 13" rMBP and 15" rMBP.

Both are spectacular, and they make one for the 12",,atleast I saw one in the Apple Store.

19. Z3man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Saw that one on Apples website, looks a nice case, i was a bit concerned about reports of the magnet interfering with the macbook in sleep mode. Also the price is a bit steep at £60.00.

It certainly is sleek enough, but it's still not a hard case though, so doesn't offer anymore protection than all the other soft sleeves out there, as far as i can tell from the pictures.

20. David58117 macrumors 65816

The ridge around it is somewhat hard.

Regarding the magnet - if you're using the laptop while on the case a certain way, the screen may shut off. All you do is move it half an inch in any direction and it comes back on. It's truly a nonissue.

21. Z3man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info David, so am i right in thinking the issue people are going on about is only if you are using the case to rest on, if thats the case then it would be a non issue for me anyway as i won't be using it to rest on, even if i was all you have to do is move i half an inch anyway.

Do you think this case is worth £60, is it high quality. I won't be paying for it anyway as it is being bought for me for xmas, but i still think it seems expensive and don't want to go spending other peoples money if it's not worth it.

22. ZipZap macrumors 601

I have the iCON and its a great case. I agree its too expensive. Get on their mailing list and wait for a sale.