Are there any heating issues with black macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macbookuser88, Jan 5, 2009.

1. macbookuser88 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

New user here. I just bought a new macbook at my campus center. The specs are 2.4 ghz, 250GB and its the black macbook version from the previous generation.

I've been hearing a lot about shutdowns, heating, frozen issues with the older macbooks. So I'm concerned on whether this affects the mac I just bought.

Please let me know as soon as possible since I can't return it once I open it. I just want to know what to expect.

Best regards,
    David

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I used the same one you bought for 6 months (I still have it--the wife uses it--I upgraded to the Pro) and I never had one issue with it. It runs cool and performs awesome. The black Macbook is a nice laptop. You can upgrade the RAM cheap in it (I bought 4GB's of RAM for $25 from frys.com--Crucial RAM which is an awesome brand). It is worth the upgrade for that price. Enjoy.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Have any of these happened to you? No? Keep it .... Yes? Return it.

4. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

I have had a BlackBook for almost two years, never had a problem. For every problem you read about, there are thousands of users who HAVE NOT experienced that problem. Go for and enjoy it.