Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookuser88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Hi guys,

New user here. I just bought a new macbook at my campus center. The specs are 2.4 ghz, 250GB and its the black macbook version from the previous generation.

I've been hearing a lot about shutdowns, heating, frozen issues with the older macbooks. So I'm concerned on whether this affects the mac I just bought.

Please let me know as soon as possible since I can't return it once I open it. I just want to know what to expect.

Best regards,
David

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
I used the same one you bought for 6 months (I still have it--the wife uses it--I upgraded to the Pro) and I never had one issue with it. It runs cool and performs awesome. The black Macbook is a nice laptop. You can upgrade the RAM cheap in it (I bought 4GB's of RAM for $25 from frys.com--Crucial RAM which is an awesome brand). It is worth the upgrade for that price. Enjoy.

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
Hi guys,

New user here. I just bought a new macbook at my campus center. The specs are 2.4 ghz, 250GB and its the black macbook version from the previous generation.

I've been hearing a lot about shutdowns, heating, frozen issues with the older macbooks. So I'm concerned on whether this affects the mac I just bought.

Please let me know as soon as possible since I can't return it once I open it. I just want to know what to expect.

Best regards,
David

Have any of these happened to you? No? Keep it .... Yes? Return it.

BanjoBanker

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Mt Brook, AL
I have had a BlackBook for almost two years, never had a problem. For every problem you read about, there are thousands of users who HAVE NOT experienced that problem. Go for and enjoy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.